IGNORED

Leftfield - This is What We Do

Rubin Farr

Leftism was a huge part of the soundtrack to my life between when I was about 12-19. Saw 'em live a couple of years ago in a club, was alright but I could not believe they didn't use the "drugs in canada" vocal sample when they played space shanty. Kind of lost all interest in them because of that.  

Another vote for Rhythm & Stealth. Swords is one of my favourite electronic tracks ever. And there’s another 3 or 4 heavy hitters not far behind. Leftism is obviously a classic but never captured my attention that much. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Another vote for Rhythm & Stealth. Swords is one of my favourite electronic tracks ever. And there’s another 3 or 4 heavy hitters not far behind. Leftism is obviously a classic but never captured my attention that much. 

Oh yeah, Swords! Such a good track. Phat Planet is my favourite on it. Yeah, some heavy hitters for sure!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Rubin Farr changed the title to Leftfield - This is What We Do
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Leftfield have announced a very special new release: an entire remix of their acclaimed 2022 album This Is What We Do, titled Version Excursion.

The album will be released exclusively on limited edition vinyl (2LP) for Record Store Day. The only way to purchase it is via participating record stores. Each track on the original album has been stripped back, rebuilt and given a new name.

“Full Way Round” (feat. Grian Chatten) becomes “Criss Cross Cabbie”, ‘Making A Difference (feat Lemn Sissay) becomes “Citing and Fighting”. The new versions imbue the tracks with an additional sense of late-night headiness and show the depth of Leftfield’s original compositions. Speaking on Version Excursion, Leftfield say, “After we’d finished ‘This Is What We Do’ we started doing some dub experiments on the finished album tracks. Just for fun. “It wasn’t intentional, but the whole thing turned into a radical re-appraisal. They are almost entirely new tracks …it became a complete reimagining. Something for the late night / early morning ravers!” 

• Like 1