IGNORED

Jack J - Opening The Door

markedone

A full length record from Jack J! Seeing this announced last week was a great and unexpected surprise.

If you haven't heard other music from Jack J, Pender Street Steppers (of which he is 1/2), or really anything on the Mood Hut label, all of it is highly recommended listening. I'll let the label describe it (below), but check out the video / first track. I already love and can't stop listening to it.

https://jackj.bandcamp.com/album/opening-the-door

"Well it's been more than 365 days and nights since we released a record on our small and independent record label based in Vancouver, BC. For better or worse we have always operated at a pace that feels natural to us. The same could be said for Mood Hut recording artist Jack J who has not released any music in over seven years. Do you remember his last record? It was called Thirstin' and it came out in the summer of 2015, hot on the heels of Something (On My Mind) which came out the year before.

So naturally after this very long silence we are proud and excited to be able to finally share Opening the Door, the first full length LP by Jack J.

Self-recorded slowly but surely between 2015 and 2019 between Mood Hut and C'est Life Studios, and featuring some crucial saxophone work by Linda Fox, this LP confirms Jack J to be a masterful mood maker as well as an incisive songwriter. Over the course of the album an undeniably blue haze settles over inward-peering ambient jazz, On-U-inspired digital-dub and quiet storm soft rock leaving a distinct sense of sadness amongst all the tangerine funk."

releases April 8, 2022

Edited by markedone
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Love the new age ambient stuff he put out as Jack Jutson. If he's doing a soft rock thing I trust it to at least be interesting.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...