IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

40 minutes ago, zazen said:

but

Whats the meta-game on peace deals? I suppose both sides have to evaluate it based on what position both sides are left in if the deal gets broken. Or I guess the game is you bludegon your opponent into accepting the deal they dont really want by simultaneously negotiating and fighting. The costs mount day by day until eventually a deal gets made, but the last scraps of trust gets destroyed. So the deal is only worth anything if the rest of the world continues to watch closely. I suppose a lot of ceasefires and peace deals dont last long; they are fundamentally very unstable things.

https://www.rawstory.com/ukraine-rejects-russian-neutrality-idea-as-us-steps-up-aid/

a) ukraine vs russia conflict is already decided because russia's terms of surrender are reasonable and ukraine should stop now to avoid hurting more civilians

b) we need to send more weapons to ukraine's neo-nazis who refuse to let men between 18 and 60 leave the country, lock people into their towns at gunpoint and prevent them from accessing russia's safe evacuation passages, continue the war so more people die, and eventually russia goes away (?), (?)profit(?), lets ukraine's military keep murdering people in donbass and state-backed nazis doing pogroms against roma people and murdering ethnic russians, and everything is good again somehow

choose 1

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli
  • Facepalm 9

25 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

a) ukraine vs russia conflict is already decided because russia's terms of surrender are reasonable and ukraine should stop now to avoid hurting more civilians

b) we need to send more weapons to ukraine's neo-nazis who refuse to let men between 18 and 60 leave the country, lock people into their towns at gunpoint and prevent them from accessing russia's safe evacuation passages, continue the war so more people die, and eventually russia goes away (?), (?)profit(?), lets ukraine's military keep murdering people in donbass and state-backed nazis doing pogroms against roma people and murdering ethnic russians, and everything is good again somehow

choose 1

putin, that u?

57 minutes ago, zazen said:

but

Whats the meta-game on peace deals? I suppose both sides have to evaluate it based on what position both sides are left in if the deal gets broken. Or I guess the game is you bludegon your opponent into accepting the deal they dont really want by simultaneously negotiating and fighting. The costs mount day by day until eventually a deal gets made, but the last scraps of trust gets destroyed. So the deal is only worth anything if the rest of the world continues to watch closely. I suppose a lot of ceasefires and peace deals dont last long; they are fundamentally very unstable things.

fake negotiations can just be a diversion and disinfo. russian forces have been focused on kyiv since the beginning of the invasion. it looks like they're trying for a strong west flank, with another entry from the northeast (?). they'll try to encircle it and starve it if they're not stopped. russia has other equipment and troops elsewhere. ukraine needs to hold out a long time. fake talks seems likely. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

choose 1

Just stop with the neo-nazi angle. It’s been done to death and it’s such a minor part. And if you want to talk about state-backed nazis murdering ethnics Russians, get the Nazis in Russia out there as well. 

Russia’s terms of surrender are reasonable to the Russians, not the Ukrainians. You are unbelievably obtuse. Critical thinking just out the window. As well, that’s not even what that Trump-toadie MacGregor said. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

choose 1

c)

447qw7pgwan81.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 2
  • Big Brain 1

17 minutes ago, usagi said:

c)

447qw7pgwan81.jpg

could you invert this pic somehow so they're driving on the right side? this photo makes me uncomfortable. 

24 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

this thread is getting super retarded. yes, i said the r-word. 

ravioli

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=docking&page=5

• Big Brain 1

3 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

choose 1

entire point b is a disinformation . I am in Kharkiv , there are NO neo nazis here , nobody doing stuff you wrote . you are either stupid or deliberately disinforming people . destruction here in my city over three weeks is already more severe than in Donetsk by the way ,  don't write if you don't know for sure about these things.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 8

2 minutes ago, maxwellsq said:

entire point b is a disinformation . I am in Kharkiv , there are NO neo nazis here , nobody doing stuff you wrote . you are either stupid or deliberately disinforming people . destruction here in my city over three weeks is already more severe than in Donetsk by the way ,  don't write if you don't know for sure about these things.

well you are right then, I must be very stupid and misinformed.  but what do you want to happen, apart from the same thing we all want, which is for the war to end, which seems that it simply will not happen without ukrainian surrender or NATO escalation to ww3?

• Facepalm 8

1 minute ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

well you are right then, I must be very stupid and misinformed.  but what do you want to happen, apart from the same thing we all want, which is for the war to end, which seems that it simply will not happen without ukrainian surrender or NATO escalation to ww3?

no , maybe YOU are right , every time somebody wants a piece of your home you should just give it to them .

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, maxwellsq said:

i sometimes wonder if he is an operator but seems more like a schizoid dupe who has a taste for the spice. i notice that certain people just have a taste for bullshit. they fucking love it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

the war to end, which seems that it simply will not happen without ukrainian surrender or NATO escalation to ww3?

Do we have to say the obvious part out loud?

7 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Do we have to say the obvious part out loud?

please do, I've been literally genuinely asking for multiple pages now for people to actually elucidate their views of the alternatives.  because if there are any, I can't think of them.  No, sit and hope Putin withdraws after he already decided to enter is not a real option because it won't do anything.  None of us here have any affect on the outcome anyway, but what is it you people want?  we can all want a lot of things.  the way to get what everyone wants is for this decade long conflict to be resolved with the people of crimea getting their desires listened to by being allowed to become a part of russia, and for luhansk and donetsk to be allowed to be independent of the ukrainian state that oppresses them militarily.

31 minutes ago, nikisoko said:

that a forum this small can have a dedicated antivaxer weirdo and a dedicated prorussia  weirdo says something but i don’t know what

if you mean me, i hate putin and i hate the russian state, as i hate all capitalist states, and i want putin to be removed from power, the ruling party removed from power, and the Communist Party of the Russian Federation, the second most popular political party in Russia, to take charge of fixing Russia for its people

1 hour ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

i love putin and i love the russian state, as i love all fascist states, and i want putin to be in power, the ruling party keeps power, and Putin  fixing Russia for its people

warning to any readers, inside of the quote, that that fake quote is fake and written by you, not me.

☝️

Spoiler

In case you aren’t aware, this is how most things you say come across. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

☝️

Hide contents

In case you aren’t aware, this is how most things you say come across. 

how can something the exact opposite of what i say at each point be what i come across as? the only explanation is if words mean nothing to you.  that is slander, editing my post like that.  i would never write that.  very mean behavior.  please edit your post with a warning to any readers, inside of the quote, that that fake quote is fake and written by you, not me.

oof. 

https://news.yahoo.com/putin-says-russia-must-undergo-182022533.html

Russian President Vladimir Putin said in a speech Wednesday that Russia should undergo a "self-cleansing of society" to get rid of the "bastards and traitors" as thousands of Russians tried to flee the country amid its invasion of Ukraine.

"The collective West is attempting to splinter our society, speculating on military losses, on socioeconomic effects of sanctions, in order to provoke a people's rebellion in Russia," Putin said in a video address shared on Twitter.

"But any people, the Russian people, especially, are able to distinguish true patriots from bastards and traitors and will spit them out," he said of those who did not back the Kremlin.

"I am certain that this necessary and natural self-cleansing of society will only strengthen our country, our solidarity, togetherness, and our readiness to answer any calls to action," Putin said.

Putin said he was not "judging those with villas in Miami or the French Riviera" or those "who cannot live without foie gras and mussels or so-called gender-based rights" as long as they were "mentally" with Russia.

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, nikisoko said:

that a forum this small can have a dedicated antivaxer weirdo and a dedicated prorussia  weirdo says something but i don’t know what

since I'm the "this happened before!1!" guy in this thread, let me just say: the heat/night debates set the precedent for this kind of insanity many years ago.

it should be no surprise that idm fans can be extremists, because we all know idm can be extreme.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1