IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

13 minutes ago, zkom said:

Russia playing it fair..

jfc. kinda expected something like this though. putin would drop the poison tea on anyone. 

4 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Dealing with Putin is more like drinking a cup of poison. Literally.

vlad should mix a drop of hooker piss into his polonium tea recipe, just to let you-know-who he wink wink knows how to get him

• Like 2

Changing the topic slightly I'm curious on wether there has been any noise in the anglophone socials or news media about the racist appreciation on Ukrainian refugees.

Over this side of the world there's been some calling out of reporting saying literally that this refugee crisis is way more serious and sad than others because it's mostly people with blonde hair and blue eyes coming in and leaving their homes. 

7 minutes ago, GORDO said:

Changing the topic slightly I'm curious on wether there has been any noise in the anglophone socials or news media about the racist appreciation on Ukrainian refugees.

Over this side of the world there's been some calling out of reporting saying literally that this refugee crisis is way more serious and sad than others because it's mostly people with blonde hair and blue eyes coming in and leaving their homes. 

some examples of media racism and nazism:

https://imgur.com/a/GVHSmfc

https://imgur.com/a/Cb8GyQ8

8 minutes ago, GORDO said:

i've read some things and national also has covered more than once the african refugees turned away at the polish border. many have commented on some hypocrisy etc regarding response to syrian refugees.  but, there's people in america, mostly rightwing fucktards.. saying that there's no reason for any ukranian refugees to come to USA. 

there's been coverage all over the spectrum about racism and "this is so shocking because it's happening to european white people" and people pointing out that that's a fucked up thing to say and yada yada. 

a lot of hay was made during trump's administration about the handling of refugees etc and a lot of that was supposed to be reversed/undone when biden took office but it's been slow going and people have also called him out on that. priorities i guess. i don't know. i don't expect to be please w/whoever is in office so i'm not surprised when they do shit that makes no sense or is outright racist etc. certainly trump was worse than most but biden hasn't moved the needle too far on a lot of things.. or maybe hasn't gotten to it yet because covid or whatever shit excuse they want to give. 

social media of course is all over the map but has called out hypocrisy. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

people on wikipedia trying to whitewash Azov Battalion Neo-Nazism, even arguing that Nazis aren't right wing and that they're a mixture of left and right wing, some saying Nazis did good stuff

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Azov_Battalion&offset=&limit=500&action=history

6zkz449.png

i mean.. isn't this like you saying Mao was good and experimental crop rotation didn't kill 20 million people? what's the difference? your posts sometimes read just as crazy as whatever you think these people are trying to do on wikipedia

also, people "doing things" on wikipedia has what to do w/russia attacking ukraine for no reason? 

ugh. tiresome. today was too much at 9am and it's almost 8pm. 

go for a walk or something. 

Edited by ignatius

13 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i mean.. isn't this like you saying Mao was good and experimental crop rotation didn't kill 20 million people? what's the difference? your posts sometimes read just as crazy as whatever you think these people are trying to do on wikipedia

also, people "doing things" on wikipedia has what to do w/russia attacking ukraine for no reason? 

ugh. tiresome. today was too much at 9am and it's almost 8pm. 

go for a walk or something. 

its a piece of hard evidence that bullshit "that's russian propaganda" blanket claims are leaking into wikipedia article editing, with people engaging in blatant nazi apologism in order to prop up the image of the ukrainian government presumably.  i don't see how it's hard to come up with an explanation for how it's relevant to the thread.  this type of "don't say anything bad about ukraine" mindset is fully infested both this thread and wikipedia apparently to the point of denying reality

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli
  • Facepalm 2

awful. fuck. 

A Ukrainian woman recounts being raped by the Russian soldiers who killed her husband: 'Shall we kill her or keep her alive?'

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukrainian-woman-raped-by-russian-soldiers-sexual-violence-investigation-2022-3

hard to read article in spoiler 

Spoiler

A Ukrainian woman who said she was repeatedly assaulted by Russian soldiers after they killed her husband is having her allegations investigated by Ukrainian officials, the first such investigation into a rape by Russian soldiers since the beginning of the invasion. 

"I heard a single shot, the sounds of the gate opening and then the sound of footsteps in the house," an anonymous woman, who went by the pseudonym Natalya, told The Times.

On March 9, two Russian soldiers who had earlier killed the family's dog while walking by her home near Shevchenkove, outside Kyiv, had returned to kill her husband, she said. "I cried out, 'Where is my husband?' Then I looked outside and I saw him on the ground by the gate. This younger guy pulled gun to my head and said: 'I shot your husband because he's a Nazi.'"

Natalya told The Times she told her 4-year-old son to hide in the boiler room where they had been sheltering. The soldiers repeatedly raped her as her son cried in the next room.

• Sad 3

According to the Financial Times, Russia has dropped demands that Ukraine is "denazified" and is prepared to let it join the European Union as long as it is not militarily aligned.

The paper quotes four people close to the talks saying a possible deal would involve Ukraine abandoning its drive for Nato membership in exchange for security guarantees.

But it does not contain discussion of three initial core Russian demands over denazification, demilitarisation or legal protection fort the Russian language, the FT says.

Ukraine's Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba has said his county was not "trading people, land or sovereignty", while Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has said talks have so far not yielded substantial progress.

Lol, looks like Russia got bitchslapped like Chris Rock, and is now backing down on it's original demands

• Like 1

https://tass.com/defense/1429005

Russian commandos reportedly seize two men responsible for torture of POWs in Ukraine

According to deputy chairman of the State Duma’s committee Vladimir Shamanov, both men were from a group of fans of a local football club

MOSCOW, March 29. /TASS/. The deputy chairman of the State Duma’s committee for civil society and non-governmental and religious organizations, Vladimir Shamanov, says that Russian commandos had managed to seize those responsible for torturing Russian prisoners of war in Ukraine.

"Those who had tortured our soldiers did not stay on the lose for too long. It took our commandos three days to apprehend these freaks. Today they are crawling at our feet, asking for mercy," he said at a round-table meeting of the State Duma’s committee for civil society, non-governmental and religious organizations entitled Traditional World Religions against the Ideology of Nazism and Fascism in the 21st Century.

Shamanov said both men were from a group of fans of a local football club.

"This is what they testified themselves during the first interrogations," Shamanov said.

There has been no news regarding the reported detention either from Russia’s law enforcement agencies or the Defense Ministry yet.

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

https://tass.com/defense/1429005

Russian commandos reportedly seize two men responsible for torture of POWs in Ukraine

According to deputy chairman of the State Duma’s committee Vladimir Shamanov, both men were from a group of fans of a local football club

MOSCOW, March 29. /TASS/. The deputy chairman of the State Duma’s committee for civil society and non-governmental and religious organizations, Vladimir Shamanov, says that Russian commandos had managed to seize those responsible for torturing Russian prisoners of war in Ukraine.

"Those who had tortured our soldiers did not stay on the lose for too long. It took our commandos three days to apprehend these freaks. Today they are crawling at our feet, asking for mercy," he said at a round-table meeting of the State Duma’s committee for civil society, non-governmental and religious organizations entitled Traditional World Religions against the Ideology of Nazism and Fascism in the 21st Century.

Shamanov said both men were from a group of fans of a local football club.

"This is what they testified themselves during the first interrogations," Shamanov said.

There has been no news regarding the reported detention either from Russia’s law enforcement agencies or the Defense Ministry yet.

I googled tass dot com …

TASS Russian News Agency

Since 1904 TASS has been Russia's leading news agency. For more than 113 years, TASS has ceaselessly strived to deliver the latest and most accurate news ...

Seriously man. If you really want people to see eye to eye with you it’s probably best to at least not spread propaganda directly from the source. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I googled tass dot com …

Seriously man. If you really want people to see eye to eye with you it’s probably best to at least not spread propaganda directly from the source. 

yeah let's just decide one side in the conflict is spreading the truth and one is spreading lies, then shut our eyes and ears to everything from the other side.  sounds like a great way to achieve reality

anyway

https://t.me/intelslava/23861

• Facepalm 2

Just now, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

yeah let's just decide one side in the conflict is spreading the truth and one is spreading lies, then shut our eyes and ears to everything from the other side.  sounds like a great way to achieve reality

Everyone already knows you did but thanks for clarifying ?

Just now, J3FF3R00 said:

Everyone already knows you did but thanks for clarifying ?

have i went around complaining any time someone posts something from western media in this thread? i dont think so but keep slandering me

• Facepalm 1

41 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

have i went around complaining any time someone posts something from western media in this thread? i dont think so but keep slandering me

I don't know why anyone would trust a state sponsored news source from a country that squashes independent news sources and punishes dissent with up to 15 years in prison.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I don't know why anyone would trust a state sponsored news source from a country that squashes independent news sources and punishes dissent with up to 15 years in prison.

the ukrainian government literally consolidated all TV news channels under the state and banned all left opposition parties, don't give me this bullshit complaints.  you think the US has independent news sources?  theyre all owned by like a few people.

@J3FF3R00 https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/09/01/ukraine-foreign-journalists-barred-or-expelled

takes like 10 seconds of reading back in your memory and doing a quick search on the topic

>An SBU spokesperson announced via Facebook that Kurbatova had been expelled and banned from Ukraine for three years. The spokesperson also said that this would happen to “anyone who allows themselves to discredit Ukraine.”

so free.  so let me guess, you're going to reply to every single person who posts ukrainian news sources now and tell them to stop spreading state propaganda? haha, I fucking doubt it

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli