IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

good story about Open Source intelligence and how crowd sourcing is playing out in Ukraine.. also debunking false flag stuff. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/open-source-intelligence-combats-disinformation-on-russias-war-against-ukraine

It is often said that truth is the first casualty in any war. Propaganda, disinformation and outright lies have always been dependable tactics to win hearts and minds. But in a world more connected than ever by technology, it is more possible for anyone to root out information. It’s called open source intelligence, and as Miles O’Brien reports, some are using it to lift the fog of war in Ukraine.

edit: added

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 11

a shame there's no radar evading stealth cruise missiles USA could fire at russians in ukraine. it'd be nice if there were some ways to get directly involved w/o starting ww3.  

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/04/16/7339988/

Russian occupying troops in Mariupol are preparing to close all entries and exits to Mariupol and ban all movement in the city on 18 April in order to carry out a "filtration" operation among the city’s male population, some of whom will be mobilised.

Source: Petro Andriushchenko, Advisor to the Mayor of Mariupol, on Telegram

According to Andriushchenko: "Occupiers report that on Monday they will not only finally close all entries and exits to the city for everyone, but will institute a ban on movement across all neighbourhoods for a week. During this time, 100% of the city’s remaining male population will be "filtered." To this end, they will all be moved to Novoazovsk.

Some people will be mobilised to the Russian occupation corps, some will be forcibly deployed to clear the rubble, and those classified as unreliable will be isolated."

Details: Andriushchenko said that the Russian troops are planning to only allow those women and men to remain in the city who will serve essential needs. Mariupol authorities say that this is due to the inability of the Russian occupying troops to maintain even the minimal living condition for civilians in the city.

Andriushchenko noted that the "filtration" procedure is already at full speed.

On 4/14/2022 at 4:05 AM, ignatius said:

good story about Open Source intelligence and how crowd sourcing is playing out in Ukraine.. also debunking false flag stuff. 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/open-source-intelligence-combats-disinformation-on-russias-war-against-ukraine

It is often said that truth is the first casualty in any war. Propaganda, disinformation and outright lies have always been dependable tactics to win hearts and minds. But in a world more connected than ever by technology, it is more possible for anyone to root out information. It’s called open source intelligence, and as Miles O’Brien reports, some are using it to lift the fog of war in Ukraine.

edit: added

Channel 5 is great, one of the few channels I have notifications on for.. The film with the truckers is insane :duckhunt:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

"I'mA uSe NuKeS iF u GuYs DoN't StOp HeLpInG uKrAiNe"

You're not the only one with nukes, bitch.

he's betting that no one else is stupid enough to use them. but the whole tactic of "you're upsetting me so stop or else" is failing thankfully.  fuck Vlad. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ignatius said:

he's betting that no one else is stupid enough to use them. but the whole tactic of "you're upsetting me so stop or else" is failing thankfully.  fuck Vlad. 

Probably. He loves his intimidation tactics. I'm just sick of his bullshit.

Somebody needs to give him the ass-whoopin of a lifetime. I don't care who does, although best to be done by either Ukrainian hands or by one of his own.

• Like 1

Just now, ambermonke said:

Probably. He loves his intimidation tactics. I'm just sick of his bullshit.

Somebody needs to give him the ass-whoopin of a lifetime. I don't care who does, although best to be done by either Ukrainian hands or by one of his own.

he's essentially isolated russia for the next 20 years. no one is going to trust this guy on the world stage. he's not going to be part of any of those G20, G7 or whatever they're called, events anymore.  gonna be closer to north korea though w/more robust black market because they're already a mafia type state. until putin is gone russia will be isolated.  i guess his thinking was he'd get away with it because little repercussions came from ukraine invasion in 2014 and prior to that georgia etc.  so, this ukraine invasion needs to be the end of that shit for him.  his plans are backfiring too. other nations talking about joining nato, harsh sanctions, countries moving away from their oil/gas and russian business around the world being clamped down on.. but there's still a ways to go and the west needs to stick to it's guns and keep him isolated regardless of what happens in ukraine. can only hope ukraine wins out.. but the cost is so high. it's so fucked. i wish putin would fall down the stairs or something and knock his head and die already. 

• Like 1

Besides the millions fleeing Ukraine more than 200.000 Russians have left Russia

"Hundreds of thousands flee Russia and Putin’s ‘two wars’  At least 200,000 Russians have abandoned their homes and jobs for fear of being persecuted as ‘scum and national traitors’."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/18/why-white-collar-russians-flee-two

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

30 minutes ago, zkom said:

Besides the millions fleeing Ukraine more than 200.000 Russians have left Russia

"Hundreds of thousands flee Russia and Putin’s ‘two wars’  At least 200,000 Russians have abandoned their homes and jobs for fear of being persecuted as ‘scum and national traitors’."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/4/18/why-white-collar-russians-flee-two

Yeah i also read lots of those work in IT / tech, brain drain is real:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/13/technology/russia-tech-workers.html

https://www.capital.de/wirtschaft-politik/brain-drain--russland-erlebt-einen-exodus-an-schlauen-koepfen-31782382.html (German)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

It's going to be interesting to try to build a self sufficient Russian tech sector when all the top engineers are gone..

3 hours ago, zkom said:

It's going to be interesting to try to build a self sufficient Russian tech sector when all the top engineers are gone..

If this was right after WW2, they could recruit some nazi scientists :duckhunt:

Edited by chronical

There is a bit of sloppy return of some McCarthyism vibes with the russian culture cancellation which i find quite concerning and stupid.

Cancellation of artists, alive or dead, just because they were born in Russia. 

Dostoievsky, composers, musicians, etc.

Lol fuck that. You don't choose where you were born.

It's not Shostakovich fault if Putin is an asshole, the same way it wasnt Beethoven fault that Hitler was an asshole.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, thefxbip said:

There is a bit of sloppy return of some McCarthyism vibes with the russian culture cancellation which i find quite concerning and stupid.

Cancellation of artists, alive or dead, just because they were born in Russia. 

Dostoievsky, composers, musicians, etc.

Lol fuck that. You don't choose where you were born.

It's not Shostakovich fault if Putin is an asshole, the same way it wasnt Beethoven fault that Hitler was an asshole.

ya, tis silly.

recently i walked by a bakery and saw this:

https://i.ibb.co/9Z95mG6/signal-2022-03-25-213935-001.jpg

explanation: stuff's actually called "russischer zupfkuchen" ("russian chocolate-cheesecake" basically), but as you can see the "russian" was pasted over. duh, it's "freedom fries" all over again... also actually this isn't even a russian speciality, the "russian" was just a marketing ploy by dr. oetker lol.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, marf said:

I really hope a nuke doesn't go off. Europe has been through so much. Maybe America will get it this time

yeah, me too. a nuke going off would undoubtedly drag more militaries into this. then the doomsday clock notches one stroke closer to midnight, probably a millisecond away from hitting the 12 spot.

can't see them lobbing one across the ocean to hit 'merica tho. Vlad would probably point it at the western border of Ukraine and let 'er rip. we know he wants to keep the east for himself. he don't care about radioactive winds, etc., because he's got bunkers packed with caviar & gold bars he could ride the fallout for years in.

• Like 1

Nothing to see here..

Two Russian oligarch's already found dead with their families https://www.businessinsider.com/2-russian-oligarchs-found-dead-spain-moscow-reports-2022-4?r=US&IR=T

Russian military research facility near Moscow on fire.

Russian chemical plant on fire

• Like 2