IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

2 hours ago, Limo said:

Ah yes. Threatening to leave a city you claim to have conquered already because you’re not receiving enough ammo to conquer that city that you claim to have conquered already.

I wonder what this lovely lad does in his free time.

4 hours ago, Milwaukeeeee said:

The BBC reported that instead of “They are dying so you can gambol in your redwood cabinets”, he said…

"Shoigu! Gerasimov! (Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu and Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov) Where is the... ammunition?... They came here as volunteers and die for you to fatten yourselves in your mahogany offices."

• 1 month later...

4 minutes ago, auxien said:

it’s “good news!”-ing you ?

professor farnsworth futurama GIF

Oh, ok! ? 

At first glance it is potentially an important development. Hopefully it turns into something meaningful…. This war has to stop.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Apparently the Kremlin has now ordered the arrest of Prigozhin

he's been talking shit for months hasn't he? complaining on camera about lack of ammo and feeding his troops to the meat grinder etc? 

more resistance to putin is always welcome but russia has historically won various wars by throwing soldiers at the enemy's bullets until they run out then finally overpowering them w/superior numbers. putin is well lodged into the seat of power.  it'd be welcome to see some shit go down but i've little hope this will snowball into a massive revolt.. perhaps some kind of nagging insurgency but who knows. 

the whole thing is so endlessly fucking crazy. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, ignatius said:

he's been talking shit for months hasn't he? complaining on camera about lack of ammo and feeding his troops to the meat grinder etc? 

more resistance to putin is always welcome but russia has historically won various wars by throwing soldiers at the enemy's bullets until they run out then finally overpowering them w/superior numbers. putin is well lodged into the seat of power.  it'd be welcome to see some shit go down but i've little hope this will snowball into a massive revolt.. perhaps some kind of nagging insurgency but who knows. 

the whole thing is so endlessly fucking crazy. 

Agreed for sure. I was more thinking this could be laying the groundwork for scapegoating via shoigu and prigozhin rather than an actual coup attempt but I’m not sure if that’s a bit of a stretch?

It’s not a coincidence this rebalancing of power, whether it’s a real or faux coup attempt, is happening at the same time as the reported Ukraine counter offensive. Not going to hypothesize on which side this strategy was borne as I have no clue but it’s an interesting development all the same… At the very least it will be distracting Russian resources from the front line I think?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 3

Rostov, 600 miles south from Moscow, is the main logistical hub for Russian forces operating in Ukraine. Even though Prigozhin said he is not interfering with the campaign against Ukrainian forces, Wagner’s takeover of the city is bound to have immediate consequences on the battlefield. 

The consequences for the war in Ukraine could equally be profound, said Gallyamov, the former Putin speechwriter, because Prigozhin has called Putin’s reasoning to invade into question, challenging the war’s legitimacy and potentially weakening the already low morale of many Russian soldiers. 

from WSJ: https://apple.news/A2gdSD-mIQGCrrNUEsTYR4w

taking over Rostov with essentially no resistance at all seems telling. obv Putin is going to try and quell this but most signs point to a lack of ability/competence to do so.

to be clear tho the Wagner group guys are NOT good by any stretch of the imagination. they’ve been doing Putin’s dirty work for years. Prigozhin’s chatter about restoring dignity of Russia or whatever could be good for Russians, perhaps…but if he’s a militia leader and takes over a country with as many nukes as Russia? fuckin hell that could dicey super quick.

• Like 2

Maybe that Pentagon extra 3 billion slipped by mistake budget for Ukranian military ops has gone to Wagner. 

Remember the time when he was telling he was running out of ammo,  probably that was a fake and he was acummulating weapons for this move. I hate that guy, is a pure scum of a being (Putin too, but this guy is worse), like all of those in that militia, hoping they get blowed up, before getting to do anything important

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

looks like that wagner dude is putting his money where his mouth is and heading towards moscow. 

it looks like his hand was forced by putin. wagner dude went after the head of military first. then putin decided to go after wagrner dude. so whattayagonnado? might be the beginning of the end of putin. and good riddance. (not that things will get any better after putin is gone...)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Apparently ‘the Wagner dude’ is backing down. Situation deescalating…

temporarily, at least. 

Prigozhin is particularly interesting in his public statements. he’s always framing things as protecting his troops, caring about their well-being (mercenaries…with soft hearts?). i wonder how much of that is just for show. 

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

Just as with Gaddafi and Sadam and I quote

You cut the head off the king snake. But he’s replaced by 9 others. Who are far, far worse.

yeah for sure. but here's hoping vladdy boy gets "the Gaddafi" treatment...bayonet up the ol arsehole. or maybe that'd be letting him off too easy. he needs a good old fashioned torture chamber to hang out in for the rest of his existence.

what that mofo has done here, and I mean this entire fuckin quagmire mess, is so stomach churning, so incredibly pointless, all these innocent people dying for a deluded man child, deserves punishment I don't even have the evil minded brain power to conjure up. he has fucked his entire country for no reason, other than he thought he could play god, and do whatever he wanted. I know he's always been a snake, but I sorta gave him some mental props at one point long ago, thought he was a skilled chess player. thought his power over Trump was well played. but once again, we see how having too much power has corrupted the human mind. he has lost complete touch with reality, and doesn't seem like he'll ever be back. mad king syndrome. 

• Like 3