IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

ok... that just there was EASILY the best hour of 2022 so far.

peak ae all over it.

completely fucking hardcore.

p: "oh, i came to see autechre, i heard they gone melodic again" ae: "yes well hello how about we fuck you dead instead?"

13.15... 28.00... 36.44... 42.00... 44.30... 48:00.. 55.00... and DAT ENDING!!!1 ?

i'm honestly afraid of hearing this live now... think i might pass right the fuck out.

fucking.

hell.

robsean, sincerly: thanks so much.

• Like 7

they absolutely mastered the art of transition now. parts are distinct yet somehow you never notice how you're moving from a to b. also that vast gap between layers, ULTRA-far to right next to your ear, like where is this and where am i? also the music sounds very communicating with itself somehow, everything's coming together in the strangest of ways like... i honestly don't know. is that my mother calling in the last minute? is that prince of persia falling into spikes at 39:00?

can't help but feel these reverbs sound very "specific" somehow... are they using a mic as an instrument?

whatevs will blast the fucker right again... headphones time!

• Confused 1
  • Big Brain 1

After a couple of listens I have to admit that the set is rather different when taken out of the pseudo-sensory deprivation context with the sound system pointing straight at your face, there's more nuance and dynamic breathing room when the set and setting is self-selected - but there are still parts where it is promptly relegated to beige background tapestry. It'll take some more exposure to get acclimated and disregard the amorphous blob of meh lodged in my brain.

• Like 2

Brilliant set, sound-wise it's an exciting development of the Exai-AE_Live-Onesix-SignPlus continuum, but on top of that, there is another new aspect, at least to my ears - the level of detail is off the charts. It's like 8K HDR, whereas the previous stuff is 1080p at the most. To me it evoked a sort of fractal - details all the way down. Biomechanical structures, constantly morphing and shape-shifting.

• Like 4
  • Big Brain 2

on first listen i like it less then both of the previous tours and im not sure if that will change really

its still great though!!! btw, did the second bit remind anyone of that one Confield tour jam????

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, X4creek said:

on first listen i like it less then both of the previous tours and im not sure if that will change really

its still great though!!! btw, did the second bit remind anyone of that one Confield tour jam????

Was thinking the same, sounds a bit Confield live set last 30 min. That bass pumping is like a soft Surripere bass drum so nice.
 I like the part 10 mins in the beginning, so sick beat right there. Very Confiled Machinedrum'ish sounds here and there 

• Like 2

this thing is destabilizing; an organism has escaped the laws of nature and expands in all directions through all the possible forms at once.
I have to say: I was really lucky at the Terraforma: by pure chance I found a couple of things that, when combined, accelerated my mind by 100x (I have rarely had such a radical but at the same time "clean" effect), and so this sonic monster welcomed me as a natural fact, perfectly understandable in its deranged sublime logic. Today, however, I had to listen 3 times to starting to rediscover it in all it's beauty: at the first listen my brain was smoking. I think if I hadn't had that providential neuron accelerator that night, I would have had the same impression described by dcom. 

ps:
they should play a date in Jakarta... just hear the percussions here and than helsinki here

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, cern said:

In this part (my favorite part in the 2022 set) It reminds me a lot of the 2008 set
but more things is added to the beat if you compare: 

22vs08.mp3 773.28 kB · 25 downloads

I prefer the 2008 live to any later ae live by far. To me the 2008 live was beyond emotional; 2014 was ok but the 2022 is something else; intellectually/conceptually/technically it’s extremely interesting but it barely moves me emotionally ?

Edited by xox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, xox said:

I prefer the 2008 live to any later ae live by far. To me the 2008 live was beyond emotional; 2014 was ok but the 2022 is something else; intellectually/conceptually/technically it’s extremely interesting but it barely moves me emotionally ?

Yes indeed, 2005-2008 was their best live stuff!  

In those sets there is a lot of beautiful FM-melodies and fx playing along with huge MD/MPC Beats blasting so hard thru the speakers! 
That is what It makes it so huge, a lot more simple and it becoming more powerful! 

With 2022 set it is so much depth, detailed stuff and different sounds working along so it is very easy to get lost.. 

• Like 1