IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

as I get older I see things change, the habit itself is so used to getting used that the very fact of being used creates a clamor, yet that Autechre thing immediately manages to bring me to the first time: now the problem is: I'll be able to get to July 1st without listening the bootleg? I don't think it's fking possible

image.thumb.jpeg.4fe17872ee5c918e3efcb25541093f59.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, X4creek said:

digging what i can make out, which isn't super-much i'm afraid, some eqing helped tho.

around 8 minutes in i think i could spot a sped up version of the ending of ecol 4... if i'm not mistaken. pretty fucking cool!

also thanks for sharing!

Ae Live 2022 review:

Spoiler

Very surprised, which isnt much of a surprise considering its Ae. The closest live set they had to this in terms of structure etc. is probably Oversteps Live. It feels like a strange (in a good way) integration of Oversteps Live into Max mixed with their more recent sounds. Really liked it, very dancable overall, my legs couldnt stop moving. Spotted some bits of ecol4. Love the intro a lots and pretty weird, not what I was expecting when I saw that they are playing in seated venues only. Overall definitely more abstract and recent Ae, drum and percussion heavy, with very strange sounds that seem to dance on the fine edge of you dont really know whats a texture, drum sound, synth or fx anymore. Not much space to breathe though, it just straight up rattles for an hour. At first glance I dont like it more than onesix but this is no way a complaint. Ae still at their finest.

• Like 10

nothing, after walking around the living room table for a couple of hours, I had a breakdown. I listened to the first 5 minutes. That thing happens. Again. The clear knowledge of having something in your ears that goes beyond music.

ps: oversteps tour feeling a go go

• Like 5

Wow, new Autechre and the first original Cronenberg in 23 years on the same day. Sounds great, I think. I'm happy and maybe a bit surprised that it's reminding me as much of AE LIVE (and perhaps exai in places) as it does so far (23 min in).

I agree that there are Oversteps tour vibes per Draft78's post. Maybe more in the synth / tonal stuff than rhythmically. Also as jaderpansen & Iwanttobefree mentioned, the ecol connection, although I think that I spotted it later. 20 minutes in or so.

Edited by mTesc
  • Like 1

a few clips on instagram w/better sound quality maybe. 

this first 7 minutes or so

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeWfkO5sesu/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeWemK8DQVl/

and this one which is in this thread already. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CeWeeBGqbbN/

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Iwanttobefree said:

Ae Live 2022 review:

Hide contents

Very surprised, which isnt much of a surprise considering its Ae. The closest live set they had to this in terms of structure etc. is probably Oversteps Live. It feels like a strange (in a good way) integration of Oversteps Live into Max mixed with their more recent sounds. Really liked it, very dancable overall, my legs couldnt stop moving. Spotted some bits of ecol4. Love the intro a lots and pretty weird, not what I was expecting when I saw that they are playing in seated venues only. Overall definitely more abstract and recent Ae, drum and percussion heavy, with very strange sounds that seem to dance on the fine edge of you dont really know whats a texture, drum sound, synth or fx anymore. Not much space to breathe though, it just straight up rattles for an hour. At first glance I dont like it more than onesix but this is no way a complaint. Ae still at their finest.

Thank you. This sounds very cum

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Iwanttobefree said:

Ae Live 2022 review:

Hide contents

I agree with your review pretty much. But I do think is their best set yet from them, precisely because of that feeling of not knowing anymore what’s texture rhythm harmony or melody. Also the mix was something peculiar very related to SIGN in that’s there is layers and layers of important content buried down. This one really needs a soundboard recording for second listen on headphones

Edited by asmartkidbcn
  • Like 2

Also, the way some sounds mutate in space, shape and timbre is on another entire level to anything I had heard before, save for musique concrète (except this is live music and not tape manipulation!)

Edited by asmartkidbcn
  • Like 3

What I understand from the recordings is that there's serious possibility the ancient wall on Herodus Atticus theatre is gonna finaly collapse. Can't wait!

• Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1

in case anyone's interested:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/740ec935574313c01ef69efea5e4cb5b20220604102657/fe1d8f949ac104c3e3bf684de907e4d820220604102723/f3e7de

basically just a mids-highs boost of that first full bootleg. somewhat heavy on the ears, but revealing a bit more detail, i think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

22 hours ago, misuta Go said:

What I understand from the recordings is that there's serious possibility the ancient wall on Herodus Atticus theatre is gonna finaly collapse. Can't wait!

I can't wait, only four weeks to go!

• Like 1