IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

18 minutes ago, neurone said:

you can feel some of sign / plus + nts + esleq base patch , all morphed in and out into a spooky scenario.

... and new stuff yeah ?

thinking : about using the room acoustics as a whole instrulent i remember sean once said (AAA thread) something like : "yeah we have some recording of 2010 liveset that our f.o.h. tech did at the time, but he recorded a blend of the desk output and room mics, so we can't use it for a release" 

but I personally think this would be the best thing to do for a liveset release, to mix proper desk output with a bit of room mics, so you have best of both worlds : the precision and tightness and details from the "dry" desk output, combined with the ambience and reverb / sustain that the venue acoustics brings to the thing.

AAA thread also, he said something like : "2010 set was all dry (no reverb) nord drum stuff , because the venue / room will bring this reverb, so we just compose with how the room sounds like. (well, even if "edit - Rob has some reverb in the G2" he said)

So yeah I thing it would be cool to make a live rec with this blend of desk out and room mics (high end ones, in the right place)

(...though you'll have all those "wash your hands " , " tri reepetaaaeee" , "whhhoooaaah yaaaarrggh " , and "what is this plinky pong let's get out of here" casual crowd bits in it :lol:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, neurone said:

... and new stuff yeah ?

thinking : about using the room acoustics as a whole instrulent i remember sean once said (AAA thread) something like : "yeah we have some recording of 2010 liveset that our f.o.h. tech did at the time, but he recorded a blend of the desk output and room mics, so we can't use it for a release" 

but I personally think this would be the best thing to do for a liveset release, to mix proper desk output with a bit of room mics, so you have best of both worlds : the precision and tightness and details from the "dry" desk output, combined with the ambience and reverb / sustain that the venue acoustics brings to the thing.

AAA thread also, he said something like : "2010 set was all dry (no reverb) nord drum stuff , because the venue / room will bring this reverb, so we just compose with how the room sounds like. (well, even if "edit - Rob has some reverb in the G2" he said)

So yeah I thing it would be cool to make a live rec with this blend of desk out and room mics (high end ones, in the right place)

(...though you'll have all those "wash your hands " , " tri reepetaaaeee" , "whhhoooaaah yaaaarrggh " , and "what is this plinky pong let's get out of here" casual crowd bits in it :lol:

that is exactly what happened to me in 2016. I saw them three times in different locations and the details and micro rhythms kept changing.
I thought at the time it was because of the different sound system qualities of the venues but then i heard the soundboard recordings and the rhythms weren't there!
The soundboards were "dry" compared to the multi-rhythmic epicness of actually being there!
I guess that always happens but the "ambient" nature of most of the 2016 set brought that aspect to the forefront. absolutely amazing!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, misuta Go said:

that is exactly what happened to me in 2016. I saw them three times in different locations and the details and micro rhythms kept changing.
I thought at the time it was because of the different sound system qualities of the venues but then i heard the soundboard recordings and the rhythms weren't there!
The soundboards were "dry" compared to the multi-rhythmic epicness of actually being there!
I guess that always happens but the "ambient" nature of most of the 2016 set brought that aspect to the forefront. absolutely amazing!

I still haven't been able to figure out if this fact is due to being there, or to the things Panormix put me in the potion about half an hour earlier

• Like 2

I saw them in Denver in 2015 and was blown away by how visceral/"physical" the sounds were. At one point near the end there was something that sounded very much like an explosion/bomb going off near the front of the stage -- I don't recall this coming across in the soundboard. 

Edited by joseph
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, joseph said:

I saw them in Denver in 2015 and was blown away by how visceral/"physical" the sounds were. At one point near the end there was something that sounded very much like an explosion/bomb going off near the front of the stage -- I don't recall this coming across in the soundboard. 

Even by description one can tell it was probably the live version of c7b2 ?

On 6/14/2022 at 7:00 PM, misuta Go said:

I remember that especially in Krakow I "clearly" (lol) heard flocks of sounds moving above my head, so much so that I had the impression of a "carpet" of speakers mounted in the ceiling, and so also depending on where I went, groping in the dark, I encountered different situations. But, again, the fact that I was very far from the sentient condition makes really difficult to understand if it was the sliding into synaesthesia or if a mix was really thought that oriented banks of sounds in single areas of space (thing that would then be inevitably lost in the stereo soundboard). This is a question that would have been interesting the other day.  i'll hold it to the next AMA, hopefully in 10 years

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I did plan to go to Terraforma festival in Milano, Italy, this Friday to (not) see ae in live (I’m living in Paris)

recently EasyJet did canceled many flights, at the last minute generally, cause they can’t find no crew anymore.

well done, I fly with EasyJet 

the people working in both Parisian airports are striking… on this day, Friday the 1st july of twentytwentytwo

hmmm I feel good luck on this one

ryanair are on strike too

ok,so, if I can get there, i’m a lucky bastard !

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, zaizai said:

Ok so I did plan to go to Terraforma festival in Milano, Italy, this Friday to (not) see ae in live (I’m living in Paris)

recently EasyJet did canceled many flights, at the last minute generally, cause they can’t find no crew anymore.

well done, I fly with EasyJet 

the people working in both Parisian airports are striking… on this day, Friday the 1st july of twentytwentytwo

hmmm I feel good luck on this one

ryanair are on strike too

ok,so, if I can get there, i’m a lucky bastard !

if things go for the worse, I believe you are entitled to a refund (I saw that the tickets for Friday were sold out, then they became available again: this makes me think that someone has given up, getting a refund, and freeing the seats): a second date in Italy is planned for November: the situation is not as inviting as the Terraforma, but if the prospect is to miss the flight, club2club is the lesser evil

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2022 at 10:35 PM, IOS said:

I got tickets for Athens!

Now I need proper suggestions for a decent souvlaki

I've rated hundreds of souvlaki places across Greece over the years, you can see my ratings my clicking on my story highlight: https://www.instagram.com/selfedge/

• Farnsworth 1

1 minute ago, cloud capture said:

41 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

One hour to go, send some snippets or pics pls and enjoy the ride !

:catsalute:

19 minutes: not able ti send pics, a miracle to find this fking Little letters, feel likes a kid the First day of school. See After ragnarok

• Like 1
  • Haha 1