IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

2 hours ago, lofin said:

Autechre will send a code for some exclusive release for the Musiikkitalo gig attendees ?

"Hi,

According to our data, you have purchased a ticket / tickets to Autechre’s concert, which was organized on Sunday 11st of September 2022 at Musiikkitalo, Helsinki. We apologize for the technical problems that occurred at the concert. As a compensation Autechre would like to send you a code that allows you to download an exclusive release for attendees. The codes are unique to each ticket holder, so if more than one ticket has been purchased with your email address, please forward this message to the other members of your group."

i'm brian and so is my wife

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

2 hours ago, Grain Bastard said:

I disagree with the decision to play here. The lads have definitely earned the right to play wherever the fuck they want but it seems to go against what I thought their live shows ‘are about’.  

they literally played the acropolis in July. 

Edited by o00o

So, it seems that the Helsinki gig attendees will get the recording as a refund for the sound system breaking down. I'll have to send a specifically crafted email to an address, and everybody who has an email address in the ticket vendor's ticket purchase database for the gig will get an unique code for the download.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, dcom said:

So, it seems that the Helsinki gig attendees will get the recording as a refund for the sound system breaking down. I'll have to send a specifically crafted email to an address, and everybody who has an email address in the ticket vendor's ticket purchase database for the gig will get an unique code for the download.

That is quite a significant financial gesture as I’m guessing a high percentage of people attending the gig would have purchased the soundboard when available.

Top blokes ??

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Grain Bastard said:

That is quite a significant financial gesture as I’m guessing a high percentage of people attending the gig would have purchased the soundboard when available.

The capacity of the concert hall is about 1700, and I would say that about 1200 tickets were sold; a single live recording from the Ae shop is 10 € for 24-bit WAV, so that would be something like 12 000 € - but a lot of people bought two or more tickets with one email address so let's say the average is two - that would make the gesture's maximum value 6000 €. The recordings will be sold in bulk, so from that point of view a single event's recording will be worth maybe a couple € at the most - but taking into account the fact that recording your own live set and distributing it digitally costs about nothing, I think it's a nice gesture, but definitely not an adequate replacement for the botched gig - which wasn't Ae's fault, but the venue's. Like I wrote before, I'm looking forward to hearing the gig without the glitches, but a recording is not the gig, like a map is not the territory.

I know a lot of people have asked for their money back, because Ae gigs are all about the experience of sound in as dark settings as it can be. When the sound system breaks down, the experience is FUBARed and a free recording is not an adequate substitute for many.

Spoiler

I'm just doing the math on the so-called financial gesture, the tickets were 65 €/seat + booking fee.

Edited by dcom

Shame about the sound system snafu. The one time I've managed to see them, the venue had a fantastic sound system. It was loud but clean as fuck.

Will look forward to the soundboards and hope they come out to Toronto or Montreal.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, dcom said:

The capacity of the concert hall is about 1700, and I would say that about 1200 tickets were sold; a single live recording from the Ae shop is 10 € for 24-bit WAV, so that would be something like 12 000 € - but a lot of people bought two or more tickets with one email address so let's say the average is two - that would make the gesture's maximum value 6000 €. The recordings will be sold in bulk, so from that point of view a single event's recording will be worth maybe a couple € at the most - but taking into account the fact that recording your own live set and distributing it digitally costs about nothing, I think it's a nice gesture, but definitely not an adequate replacement for the botched gig - which wasn't Ae's fault, but the venue's. Like I wrote before, I'm looking forward to hearing the gig without the glitches, but a recording is not the gig, like a map is not the territory.

I know a lot of people have asked for their money back, because Ae gigs are all about the experience of sound in as dark settings as it can be. When the sound system breaks down, the experience is FUBARed and a free recording is not an adequate substitute for many.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm just doing the math on the so-called financial gesture, the tickets were 65 €/seat + booking fee.

At the end of the day, this is a gesture from the band. I could be mistaken as I've not seen the email (where it's come from, more context etc) but I would imagine that this is something they've sorted out themselves.

Patrons are still well within their right to request a refund from the venue / ticket seller, and I'm sure that many will.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, oscillik said:

I could be mistaken as I've not seen the email (where it's come from, more context etc) but I would imagine that this is something they've sorted out themselves.

Could be, the message is from the ticket vendor, but the email address to request the recording is from the local tour promoter. 

Hi,

According to our data, you have purchased a ticket / tickets to Autechre’s concert, which was organized on Sunday 11st of September 2022 at Musiikkitalo, Helsinki. We apologize for the technical problems that occurred at the concert. As a compensation Autechre would like to send you a code that allows you to download an exclusive release for attendees. The codes are unique to each ticket holder, so if more than one ticket has been purchased with your email address, please forward this message to the other members of your group.

You can claim your own code by sending an email with a title AUTECHRE to [redacted] by 2nd of October. The codes will be sent as a reply message to your email during weeks 40 and 41.

Nevertheless, yes it's nice that there is an automatic compensation, but like I said, it's a woeful substitute to the actual experience, and yes, I have also requested a refund - before the recording offer.

Edited by dcom

27 minutes ago, o00o said:

how significant was the sound problem that they go to these length? 

Significant enough for some people to leave soon after the problems started, after about 2/3rds of the set, so the end third of it was glitchy and subpar sound-wise.

Edited by dcom

1 hour ago, dcom said:

Nevertheless, yes it's nice that there is an automatic compensation, but like I said, it's a woeful substitute to the actual experience, and yes, I have also requested a refund - before the recording offer.

I would have waited until I had all the facts. If it turns out it was the boy’s fault it could get messy….

Do you really want Sean turning up on your doorstep, shivering because he’s had to sell all his North Face’s???

(Just joking mate and I’m genuinely sorry the gig was spoiled for you)

6 minutes ago, Grain Bastard said:

I would have waited until I had all the facts. If it turns out it was the boy’s fault it could get messy….

Do you really want Sean turning up on your doorstep, shivering because he’s had to sell all his North Face’s???

(Just joking mate and I’m genuinely sorry the gig was spoiled for you)

well if they're actually distributing recordings of said gig output should've been fine from their side... i guess?

19 minutes ago, Grain Bastard said:

I would have waited until I had all the facts.

I did have all the facts, if you read my review of the gig: it was the venue's sound system that glitched out, which was confirmed by a sound person working for the venue.

Spoiler

Sense of humour? Who, me? Nope. Nah.

Edited by dcom
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

well if they're actually distributing recordings of said gig output should've been fine from their side... i guess?

Yeah that could be fine but if they hired there own rig and sound guy and he blew it up, then they might be blamed. Worst case is they could loose the fee for the gig I guess but I was only joking.

as oscillik says, I think the soundboard download thing is something they have done themselves in addition to possible refunds etc which they probably wouldn’t be involved in. It’s been done thru the promoter as data protection maybe prohibits the sharing of the ticket buyers names etc.

6 minutes ago, dcom said:

I did have all the facts, if you read my review of the gig: it was the venue's sound system that glitched out, which was confirmed by a sound person working for the venue.

Reveal hidden contents

Sense of humour? Who, me? Nope. Nah.

If they only have to refund one ticket, Sean and Rob will know it was you…..

Does anyone know how to indicate to them that you'd like two codes (I'm planning on sharing one with a friend)? Or if it's automatic? I had two tickets but went with a family member (me mum, if you're curious - she enjoyed it but maybe not the biggest fan normally) who doesn't need a code.

I did what was instructed and sent an email etc, but not sure if I should've specified somehow that I'd like both codes sent my way. I booked both tickets with the same account and email address, of course. I feel like they should know that and it should go smoothly and all but y'kno... Wasn't entirely clear in the email imo. :tongue:

2 minutes ago, unlimitn said:

Does anyone know how to indicate to them that you'd like two codes (I'm planning on sharing one with a friend)? Or if it's automatic? I had two tickets but went with a family member (me mum, if you're curious - she enjoyed it but maybe not the biggest fan normally) who doesn't need a code.

I did what was instructed and sent an email etc, but not sure if I should've specified somehow that I'd like both codes sent my way. I booked both tickets with the same account and email address, of course. I feel like they should know that and it should go smoothly and all but y'kno... Wasn't entirely clear in the email imo. :tongue:

Why not just share the .flac with said person instead?

• Big Brain 1

32 minutes ago, unlimitn said:

Does anyone know how to indicate to them that you'd like two codes (I'm planning on sharing one with a friend)? Or if it's automatic?

From the email:

The codes are unique to each ticket holder, so if more than one ticket has been purchased with your email address, please forward this message to the other members of your group.

• Like 1