IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

1 hour ago, jaderpansen said:

only knowing them 'legs i guess i can kinda get behind the notion of the set lacking dynamics, which to me is no prob at all as long as it's full-on-dialed-to-11-blasting. but then again i do play grindcore music n shit so yo... different strokes?

majorly hyped about imminent soundboard, personally.

"hyped" could be an understatement ... since yesterday I'm reloading this page at the pete sandoval blast rate. Should it take a full year for the soundboard, I don't plan to slow down :wtf:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

"hyped" could be an understatement ... since yesterday I'm reloading this page at the pete sandoval blast rate. Should it take a full year for the soundboard, I don't plan to slow down :wtf:

https://i.ibb.co/qDBZNw7/dbgif-1.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

the problem with pummeling dense brand new material in a live situation is that, for most of us, it’s going to be more difficult to absorb and enjoy in the moment…which is sort of the point of a live performance. at least on one level…especially if that’s the bulk of the hour or whatever they play for. i’ve only heard a couple minutes of snippets from bootlegs but it sure seems super dense and i can definitely understand being not engaged by that, at least for some.

18 minutes ago, dcom said:

So everybody is expecting that the Helsinki recording (if it is indeed that they're going to drop) will be right away generally available for any and all?

It seems logical to me, if this is indeed the liveset, some of the Helsinki set attendees will upload it ASAP everywhere and we're all waiting to buy it so...

Edited by d-a-m-o

23 minutes ago, dcom said:

So everybody is expecting that the Helsinki recording (if it is indeed that they're going to drop) will be right away generally available for any and all?

well, if I had found myself in the helsinki circumstance, and then received the file, I would certainly not spread it everywhere, but for that handful of freaks who dedicate a slice of time to this page every day I'd make a deserved exception, no question about it... 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ATTN:

i have been authorized by "the band" (autechre) to provide an interpretive re-recording of the helsinki show (which, i confess, i fucked up the sound i'm sorry about that).

this in NOT FREE but it is an exclusive NFT available to the highest bidder (richard, pls take notice as you are rich). 

to create this i do not yet have access to any recording equipment and only have a nord modular g1 and a pair of headphones by dr dre of beats corp. so, the brothers and i are imagining the winner can call me (rates apply) and i'll put the headphone over the phone mic to play the "set" for you. 

-alco

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Big Brain 1

There is the possibility that the thing they are gonna give the Helsinki show goers won't be the soundboard, but instead a bunch of unreleased snippets ala /]{-/](||) Excerpt, 6852, Ts1a etc.

Which tbh I'd be just as down for.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hello spiral said:

There is the possibility that the thing they are gonna give the Helsinki show goers won't be the soundboard, but instead a bunch of unreleased snippets ala /]{-/](||) Excerpt, 6852, Ts1a etc.

Which tbh I'd be just as down for.

Would be a terrible precedent if they get ‘exclusive’ tracks just because of the sound issues…

Would encourage crazy idm’erz to sabotage the rig every time they play. Eventually they (Ae) wouldn’t get anywhere to play due to the high probability of a WATMMer chewing through the bass bins.

blacklisted for psycho fans… Most IDM 22???

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

I'm torn. I'm of two minds on this (maybe three, or even more).

On the one hand, Autechre, it seems, can scarcely do any wrong. (Well, they are my absolute favourites, so take this with as much salt as needed.) Sean and Rob have been together as a unit 35 years now, which is incredible in its own right. On top of this, they have been releasing some of the most vital and interesting music of their career in the 28th and 29th years of their collaboration in 2015-6 with the AE_LIVE performances as well as elseq 1-5, and in the 31st year of their project in 2018 with NTS Sessions 1-4. Now granted, taste is absolutely a subjective matter and that this recent material is among their best is certainly a controversial matter even among their most devoted fans.

I enjoyed PLUS and SIGN and in some sense it was a breath of fresh air, being able to have something that wasn't simply an epic longform work. They even contain some pieces which are now among of my favourite Ae tracks. There may have been yet another leap towards ever clearer fidelity of sound like there was from EP7 to Confield or Oversteps to Exai. Although their contents are by no means a regression, I would be reluctant however, to call SIGN and PLUS  "their best in some time" as some are wont to do.

Booth and Brown have often had interesting live performances and recent ones are no exception to this. Sean has recently intimated in the AMA, if I recall correctly, that he feels like he's moving away from albums per se as the artform he's interested in Autechre creating so much as the live thing (and I guess, by association, the recording thereof). This can be seen to be corroborated by the fact that we know that "elseq" stands for "edited live sequences" and "LIVE" means "live".

All this to say, I look forward to the twentytwo recordings on the horizon -- and beyond -- with a mix of bated breath and optimism.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cern said:

giphy.gif

Kindly piss off if you're gonna be talking like this... especially before we've all had a chance to listen in

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Draft78 said:

the only thing we have to do to understand if it is a failure or not, is to put the sean and rob unit back in its place and wait 72 hours

hoping max2022 doesn't try to fuck us

Edited by Draft78

I bought my ticket for the Helsinki gig from Ticketmaster and I haven't received any emails about codes or anything.