IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

6 hours ago, Sean Ae said:

that's the plan but as part of a batch to come out later and given some proper attention like getting the eq even across all of them, they all vary a fair bit because of venue rigs/acoustics rn.  now i have to back all my shit up and pack for friday, flying tomorrow. wish us luck ? 

Wen Glasgow live gig?  Sign, PLUS!

Edited by NewSchoolScience
  • Like 1

this shit that starts around 48 minutes in that sounds like percussion with a tin can that is also a liquid is literally sexual and i am aroused by "the gig"

autechre "the can and its contents" (2022)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 1

i'm walking through an old factory, abandoned for years. i notice some old dudes still working there which i think is "mental" until i realize: they are ghosts. and i am underwater. ok, lush actually. so i'm floating and swimming and shit. there's like fuzzy anemones and stuff like that. a completely clear octopus floats toward me. i'm freaked out but he expels an ink blot that spells out "autechre" so i smile at him and he swims off, approvingly. i soar down an old stairway covered in molds, rusts, foams, crusts. at the bottom is an doorway completely black on the other side. i swim in, knowing i'm in the "AE ZONE" and nothing can hurt me. nude women are there swimming and enjoying life. i say hello respectfully and they like me. i'm not here to fuck though, i'm here to swim around in a lush manner. the next room is lit up with what i can only call "cloudy neon" like colorful vapors slipping through cracks in the water (this makes sense if you're at 58m32s) and the light is also metallic and hollow. i'm in this room freaking out at the "mental" of it all, the definite "fuckery" here. this is the sound of metallic lit frothing out of an object equally industrial and celestial. this is like the underwater world of donkey kong if you were looking at it through a murky glass window from below while the hottest person you have ever seen is whispering in your ear. this is the sound of nudity. honestly, this fucks. 

i need to hear this at the precise volume where if it were the smallest increment louder the bass would make me shit myself

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 2
  • Big Brain 1

I…acquired the Helsinki file (I’ll buy it and any others when it’s possible to do so ofc.) I’ve gotta to say, as early days as it is, the is some of the best I’ve heard from Sean and Rob, and I like their stuffs a lot. I can see why it would seem a certain way live - it’s a lot to take in - but this material is so molten, freaky and enjoyably mind bending. It’s also warm and totally enveloping. It’s like an even deeper exploration of the globular, shifting onesix world. Much more my kind of thing than SIGN and PLUS (certain tracks notwithstanding, and heard elements of PLUS in one or two bits of this love set…) It’s true all our brains are looking for different things in music. This is the less overt, denser world my brain seems to like. 

Edited by Lianne
  • Like 5

This is really exceptional.

Not really as Live-2010-ish as suggested by the various Youtube or Soundcloud bootlegs and a bit more like if you collided SIGN/PLUS viscosity/texture with something like 2014-15's freneticism. I'm very excited to get to know this and the other, forthcoming recordings better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cloud capture said:

fucking delicioso.  Also, I'm having my first colonoscopy in a couple weeks.  All I can imagine is this is the sound the camera picks up as it travels across my ass country.

colonoscopae

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, cloud capture said:

fucking delicioso.  Also, I'm having my first colonoscopy in a couple weeks.  All I can imagine is this is the sound the camera picks up as it travels across my ass country.

you won't remember a thing except the going to sleep and waking up. 

enjoy the propophol. it's amazing. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sean Ae said:

that's the plan but as part of a batch to come out later and given some proper attention like getting the eq even across all of them, they all vary a fair bit because of venue rigs/acoustics rn.  now i have to back all my shit up and pack for friday, flying tomorrow. wish us luck ? 

good luck - really enjoyed seeing you at terraforma. thx for the heads up. looking forward to the updates when they are properly mastered ?

• Like 1

Hi,

Been a lurker for a while etc etc. 

I have a spare ticket for the second show at the Barbican tomorrow night, going for face value (£30). DM me if interested. 

Thanks

I'm finding this one pretty hard going TBH. There's some bits (especially around the 50-60 minute mark) where it really comes together, but there's also large stretches that definitely test your endurance. 

Seeing them tomorrow with 3 friends who aren't fully signed up ae headz (more 'autechre-curious' I guess). God knows what they're going to make of it. I suspect I'll be buying a few rounds afterwards as I talked them into it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, danshoebridge said:

I'm finding this one pretty hard going TBH. There's some bits (especially around the 50-60 minute mark) where it really comes together, but there's also large stretches that definitely test your endurance. 

Seeing them tomorrow with 3 friends who aren't fully signed up ae headz (more 'autechre-curious' I guess). God knows what they're going to make of it. I suspect I'll be buying a few rounds afterwards as I talked them into it. 

Heheh ? 

Reminds me if when I watched Aphex do the Remote Orchestra thingy at the Barbican (remember that!). Obviously the second part of the show was tip-top mind blowing but the first part was…shall we say… a bit tricky. Even for a diehard. During the break and while drinking a beer I was stood next to a bird absolutely tearing strips off her boyfriend. What the hell have you bought me to??!!! What the hell am I listening to??!!  Worst thing I’ve ever paid for!! Etc etc. It went on for a few minutes. The dude was just silent with his head bowed. And then they left!

Absolutely hilarious. Missed the second part as well. Mirror balls on LSD ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Reminds me if when I watched Aphex do the Remote Orchestra thingy at the Barbican (remember that!).

Remember it very well - Also remember thinking what percentage of the poor sods that attended just saw 'Aphex live' and blindly bought tickets not reading the description of the evening's events thinking it'd just be a live set of his idemmings.

• Haha 1

@Sean Ae ey yo, just wondering: since you originally planned to tour this behemoth of a set in 2020, how much "evolution" did we miss you reckon? i mean AE_14 sounds quite alot different to AE_NA, which were only a year apart. anywhoo, enjoy tomorrow... and the rest.

Just acquired the set today. This is definitely my kind of AE. :music:
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. 

Will definitely be purchasing the other sets whenever they release  
Thanks Sandra and Ronette 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3