IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

On 10/6/2022 at 2:31 AM, cloud capture said:

fucking delicioso.  Also, I'm having my first colonoscopy in a couple weeks.  All I can imagine is this is the sound the camera picks up as it travels across my ass country.

fart a record already!

Helsinki at around 30 min in…The transparent female voice sounding pad synth melody thing that gently hugs the whole mix…absolutely killing me every listen so far

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, monoppus said:

Helsinki at around 30 min in…The transparent female voice sounding pad synth melody thing that gently hugs the whole mix…absolutely killing me every listen so far

absolutely.

in general i find this subtle kinda gentleness hidden under the nanobot-fog all the more satisfying, like sometimes there's just enough hints at a tonal center emerging you start to inadvertently fill out the rest with your brain.

how's things in london btw?

• Like 2

I just rocked this again and to me this is really something. Some amazing moments that sound like the aelive stuff fully realized and perfected and easily the best thing they’ve done in YEARS. It’s got everything an autechre fan could want.  I was completely blown away at times. I love the subtle melodies.

I’m really happy for and jealous as f to the people that can experience this live.

Please take my money asap, autechre.

• Like 3
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

28 minutes ago, casual helipad said:

Barbican was a brutal blast. Still trying to process what it was my brain encountered there in dark! 

It was like a train approaching on the underground and for some reason you decide to jump in front of it at the last minute, but instead of being hit by a train you accidentally download every internet page at once

Had a look around for any WATMM-ers I knew the face of before and after but didn't see anyone. Saw Lara-Rix Martin with Mike Paradinas though ...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Loved it, a lot (2nd show that is, anyone been to both?). Beautiful first track, fifteen minutes that were a bit tougher to process right away, and then this series of bangers. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, eye said:

Loved it, a lot (2nd show that is, anyone been to both?). Beautiful first track, fifteen minutes that were a bit tougher to process right away, and then this series of bangers. 

Yeah, did both. Changed seats for the second show. Really enjoyed it, though intense, glad I didn't bail on the second show due to tiredness. It felt different, mid way from the second of the second set to the end, fucking amazing. 

Not sure the Barbican is the right venue though, no atmosphere, though there was some whooping and a lot of clapping towards the end of the 2nd set. 

I was at both shows tonight. First one was a brain melter, will take a while to process it. The second show was completely different set. It had a very different vibe, sounded more like futuristic hip hop, even some Gescom style scratching thrown in. There was a section that reminded me of Dial. There was a more vocal crowd reaction in the second show. The two Zoviet France sets were different as well. 

• Like 4

Just now, subsub said:

I was at both shows tonight. First one was a brain melter, will take a while to process it. The second show was completely different set. It had a very different vibe, sounded more like futuristic hip hop, even some Gescom style scratching thrown in. There was a section that reminded me of Dial. There was a more vocal crowd reaction in the second show. The two Zoviet France sets were different as well. 

Yeah, I thought I heard Dial too. The hip hop section ❤️with the scratching and when the beat settled. 

• Like 3

Yeah, was wondering whether the first set also had all these pretty straightforward hiphop beats and the scratching. Had a lot of groove to it.

Had someone in the back row doing some erratic random clapping for like ten minutes in the last part of the second set, pretty weird.

Edited by eye
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

I h

8 minutes ago, eye said:

Yeah, was wondering whether the first set also had all these pretty straightforward hiphop beats and the scratching.

Had someone in the back row doing some erratic random clapping for like ten minutes in the last part of the second set, pretty weird.

yeah I heard that and was like how the fuck are they getting that random clapping noise to sound as if it coming behind me. I had some annoying dude sat next to me who kept checking his phone every few mins to send messages in the darkness 

• Haha 2

^yeah, I heard some random claps throughout set the 2nd. I felt constrained by the venue, I love the Barbican, happy to have my brain melted by say a Ryoji Ikea gig, but I wanted to move, especially with the 2nd set.

Could have been the change in seating position, felt like more bodies moving about, noticed the torches and some people exiting. 

I hope they release both set from tonight. Sean pls.

Yeah, can't wait to hear the set again (and the other one). Doubt my headphones or stereo will do justice to all that bass tonight. Quite a few next level bangers in there imo.

Didn't mind doing some seated dancing and head nodding - maybe even a slight improvement over the akward dancing to the 2016 set :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, subsub said:

I had some annoying dude sat next to me who kept checking his phone every few mins to send messages in the darkness 

I took my phone out 5 times, max 37 times to text. very important texts I hasten to add. 

• Haha 1

wasn't even aware they'd play TWO sets today omg. would've srsly considererd the trip for that...

anyone able to compare both with the Helsinki one maybe?

dial and scratching? so was the second one more like a mixing set?

Who's the best person on the forum currently for sorting out files?

I have recordings of both Barbican sets but they will need some subtle mastering attention and hosting somewhere, I don't have a mega account etc. I'd like W.A.T.M.M.ers to be able to hear them but don't want them splashing all over YouTube...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, mcbpete said:

It was like a train approaching on the underground and for some reason you decide to jump in front of it at the last minute, but instead of being hit by a train you accidentally download every internet page at once

Had a look around for any WATMM-ers I knew the face of before and after but didn't see anyone. Saw Lara-Rix Martin with Mike Paradinas though ...

dude there were like 20 of us there (chatmmers rather than watmmers I guess) this was pregig at brewdog

IMG_1421.jpg

On 10/6/2022 at 5:01 PM, dcom said:

Nope, nothing - at least not in Helsinki.

the guys I was with were convinced there was no merch, I sniffed that motherfucking merch table out. I am good at that.

IMG_1446.jpg

• Like 12
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 1

5 hours ago, commercial said:

Who's the best person on the forum currently for sorting out files?

I have recordings of both Barbican sets but they will need some subtle mastering attention and hosting somewhere, I don't have a mega account etc. I'd like W.A.T.M.M.ers to be able to hear them but don't want them splashing all over YouTube...

Did you record the ZF sets too?