IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

On 10/26/2022 at 7:37 PM, Grain Bastard said:

Out of interest, people who are really enjoying it, what you playing it on?

well I had listened to the helsinki soundboard somehing like 20 times in different context :

sounds great on my hi fi.  the louder the better. It gets more balanced and coherent when louder.

sounds good in the car (but I might roll off some bass)

but it sounds weird on headphones , the kick & percs sounds limp, and the stereo image is too extreme so It gets things a bit drowned,  falling apart.

works better with open or semi-open than closed ones.

and musically speaking, I like the set a lot. high level stuff.

Edited by neurone
  • Thanks 1

Listening to Helsinki from start to finish on big cans, at night in a peaceful state, I found this their most immediately likable material in a long time. Kind of a nice surprise as I found the onesix sets pretty tough to endure. I didn't find this one difficult at all and heard some really beautiful moments. Might be because I am also giving SIGN some attention these days - the connections are really apparent, and of course the smattering of ecol4 stuff all over the first half or so.

The final mixed versions of these sets are gonna be :ok:  Some things are definitely a bit uneven, I trust that S&R know what they're doing when they spend the extra time mixing these, and I didn't expect this to sound perfect. The bass on this is intense, I'm guessing that's why the sound system crapped out lol

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

It's too bad I can't try this out on a bigger system, my neighbours would throw a fit and I can't afford to move again

coward.

:duckhunt:

i need to give Helsinki a proper second listen, it was so overwhelming on that first time that i’ve fearing round 2.

11 minutes ago, commercial said:

I've just put my Zoom recordings (48/24 WAV) up in the download area... no tampering on them apart from topping and tailing and levelling the L/R a little

Cheers dude, I'll have a look see if I can help at all with mastering.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EXTRASUPER81 said:

Cheers dude, I'll have a look see if I can help at all with mastering.

They are up there now - anything someone can do to improve them please have a go - keep it in this forum please, don't throw them all over the internet - I record these for the enthusiasts

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

8 hours ago, commercial said:

I've just put my Zoom recordings (48/24 WAV) up in the download area... no tampering on them apart from topping and tailing and levelling the L/R a little

I just finished the mastering of the files @commercial send me a few weeks ago. will upload it today.

but it's nice you gave raw files aviable  for wattmers who would like to do their own process on it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, neurone said:

I just finished the mastering of the files @commercial send me a few weeks ago. will upload it today.

but it's nice you gave raw files aviable  for wattmers who would like to do their own process on it.

Wicked, I most likely won't bother then, it's not my strong suit tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neurone said:

:catbed:

I uploaded set two. set one is on it's way.

don't be fooled,this is an improvement for listening, it's more balanced and brings a bit more of details,

but it won't magically become a soundboard :happy:

also : set two was harder material to work on, because of the location of the recorder (loads of bass, more blurred mids, bigger stereo phase weirdness, and a bit of mics saturation)

oh and I forgot to fade in and fade out, so public applauds and then it cuts suddenly. but nevermind.

Edited by neurone
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 10/26/2022 at 4:42 PM, Draft78 said:

the first Barbican is the secret ingredient of the initiation into the Eleusinian mysteries, Roberto and Sisifo are a facade, the copyrights go to Demeter [and Persephone]

can confirm

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, neurone said:

I uploaded set two. set one is on it's way.

don't be fooled,this is an improvement for listening, it's more balanced and brings a bit more of details,

but it won't magically become a soundboard :happy:

also : set two was harder material to work on, because of the location of the recorder (loads of bass, more blurred mids, bigger stereo phase weirdness, and a bit of mics saturation)

oh and I forgot to fade in and fade out, so public applauds and then it cuts suddenly. but nevermind.

I accidentally DL'd set one first, immediate impression is that it sounds better than my memory of it in person. Really great!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nenlow66 said:

The concluding segment of Barbican set one (last 7 minutes or so): Holy Hell. I keep going back to it. And that last dragon roar is a fuckin statement; musical mic drop. 

yeah that fake out ending was one of the things that struck me most when I was there in person

• Like 1