IGNORED

Autechre. Live. Twentytwentytwo.

Iwanttobefree

Personally, I find it almost necessary that the live material is unheard: in Ae case it's not exactly as if I were at a live, it's more an essential fact of loss of coordinates, a sort of radical event destined to occur a few times in the vital arc. Pathetic as it may seem, I need to have no one I know by my side, and possibly already be alone at least an hour before the lights go out. If during the live I listened to something that already belonged to my domestic experience, I would be abruptly torn out of that state of suspension of identity, I would think in analytical terms, and my encounter with TMA-1 would be irremediably smashed... maybe I took this Autechre thing a little too existentially? :cerious:

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 4
  • Big Brain 1

5 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

Personally, I find it almost necessary that the live material is unheard: in Ae case it's not exactly as if I were at a live, it's more an essential fact of loss of coordinates, a sort of radical event destined to occur a few times in the vital arc. Pathetic as it may seem, I need to have no one I know by my side, and possibly already be alone at least an hour before the lights go out. If during the live I listened to something that already belonged to my domestic experience, I would be abruptly torn out of that state of suspension of identity, I would think in analytical terms, and my encounter with TMA-1 would be irremediably smashed... maybe I took this Autechre thing a little too existentially? :cerious:

domestic experience made me laugh.. if that's your way to enjoy ae embrace it, tell your friends to fuck off you need this to yourself.. or dont bring friends in the first place

• Haha 1

On 3/16/2022 at 8:15 AM, cern said:

I hope they not are not doing to much of the depressing and anxious SIGN-Tracks. 
Don't get me wrong, It was a good album but boi it's too moody! 

when i hear autechre is playing live my first thought is what i don't want them to play.

this is gonna be so cool, i hope they don't play vose in

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Farnsworth 2

6 minutes ago, chronical said:

domestic experience made me laugh.. if that's your way to enjoy ae embrace it, tell your friends to fuck off you need this to yourself.. or dont bring friends in the first place

yep, poor guys.. those who come with me to Ae live know it: an hour before I disappear, to be found two or three hours later somewhere in fetal position: at this point they pick me up and take me home 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

yep, poor guys.. those who come with me to Ae live know it: an hour before I disappear, to be found two or three hours later somewhere in fetal position: at this point they pick me up and take me home 

The set starts. You hear a phone ring nearby. The agony. Your friends see you from the back of the club, unable to help. They hear you scream:
"No, this already belongs to my domestic experience, not here in the vital arc! Not my suspended state of identity!"

As reality crumbles around you, one of your friends grabs your shoulder. Cold sweat overcomes your body. You look into your friend's face only to realise.. the rumbling of parhelic triangles no longer reach you. You pull on your hair, whispering to the cigarette butts on the floor.. "Now I have become the pathetic triangle"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Big Brain 1

20 hours ago, ooqpoo said:

I've always kinda wished they'd play tracks or extended versions of tracks already released for their live shows, instead of brand new unheard of material. Or at least do both, like have longer (all nite?) sets where they jam out selected tracks from their catalogue before easing into unknown territory towards the end of the set. 

Almost surprised they don't do this sometimes given their mammoth dj sessions from home. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, chronical said:

The set starts. You hear a phone ring nearby. The agony. Your friends see you from the back of the club, unable to help. They hear you scream:
"No, this already belongs to my domestic experience, not here in the vital arc! Not my suspended state of identity!"

As reality crumbles around you, one of your friends grabs your shoulder. Cold sweat overcomes your body. You look into your friend's face only to realise.. the rumbling of parhelic triangles no longer reach you. You pull on your hair, whispering to the cigarette butts on the floor.. "Now I have become the pathetic triangle"

Look, Chronical! You just smashed my encounter with TMA-1 

On 3/10/2022 at 4:02 AM, jaderpansen said:

wouldn't "twotwo" have been more consistent with "onesix" btw?

I'm guessing "twentytwentytwo" has a double meaning of "2022" and "2020 #2" ie. the second attempt at what would have been the 2020 tour

• Like 4

On 3/18/2022 at 8:47 AM, Draft78 said:

i went to 1 live ae show.  there are tracks i heard that are not in the soundboard recording.  its completely diffrent.  being at that show was to not just hear the music, but to feel its air on your skin

On 3/18/2022 at 8:54 AM, Alcofribas said:

when i hear autechre is playing live my first thought is what i don't want them to play.

this is gonna be so cool, i hope they don't play vose in

1:53 alone makes it worth an entire live show just to hear that track

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Grain Bastard said:

Ae playing a festival called aefestival that’s a pure coincidence…

most idm 22

It is a fortunate coincidence. What's unfortunate is what the hell are they going to play in a venue like that? Ambient?

59 minutes ago, misuta Go said:

It is a fortunate coincidence. What's unfortunate is what the hell are they going to play in a venue like that? Ambient?

My mind can't work out if this would be the most amazing or most terrible acoustic setup for Robbunshawn

image.png

• Big Brain 1