IGNORED

Jean-Luc De Meyer of Front 242 hospitalized

mTesc

Front 242's Facebook & Instagram accounts report the JLDM has been hospitalized:

Dear All,
It is with great regret and sadness that Front 242 must cancel the 2 concerts of 01 and 02 April 2022 in Kortrijk De Kreun (Belgium).
Our singer Jean-Luc De Meyer was hospitalized last night and his health is worrying.
We are aware that all our fans were looking forward to this concert and we are all disappointed.
Let's all keep our hearts with Jean-Luc.
Front 242

There don't appear to be any further details in comments or elsewhere online yet. I hope that the "his health is worrying" bit isn't as ominous as it possibly sounds. 242's 1982 debut, Geography, changed my music/art life when I finally heard it at the end of 1998 (the fall semester of my senior year in high school). I'd been into the group for a while, but that record gave me a new set of priorities that led me away from a lot of the angsty, uninspired "industrial rock" that had been my thing prior, so I'm intensely grateful for Front. I owe seeking out and falling in love with records like Autehcre's EP7 to the ingenuity that Geography opened my eyes to. 

• Sad 3