IGNORED

Overmono - Cash Romantic (EP) [XL]

milkface

Nice EP. Last track seems to be the instant favourite, probably ‘cause it has those chilled braindance vibes I ache for.

Edited by beerwolf

I’ll put this up for casual drifters who maybe can’t be arsed with the full 5 tracks

I guess it’s the reason that some folk pine for the early days of Autechre, where arrangements are simple but just like ice fishing on a frozen lake at sunset. Deep and fathomless like plunging your head into a bucket of lime Slush Puppie. Everything is just so perfectly cool and fruity.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 9:36 PM, species8472 said:

the weekndy r&b track - gfortune - is rough. they should not do that again. sounded like some shitty modern hiphop/pop whatever. 

Yeh this was a surprise for me too, not a fan of music like that at all. Overall, it's a nice EP. I prefer the Whities EP sound though, more iii's Front sound please, my dudes.

1 hour ago, dumplings said:

Yeh this was a surprise for me too, not a fan of music like that at all. Overall, it's a nice EP. I prefer the Whities EP sound though, more iii's Front sound please, my dudes.

Wouldn't you say the title track is like III's front though? Both focus on the beat programming with a melody getting introduced way into the track. They can't keep making iiis front copies so it's a nice change.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 10:36 PM, species8472 said:

the weekndy r&b track - gfortune - is rough. they should not do that again. sounded like some shitty modern hiphop/pop whatever. 

Hiphop does not sound like that at all

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Wouldn't you say the title track is like III's front though? Both focus on the beat programming with a melody getting introduced way into the track. They can't keep making iiis front copies so it's a nice change.

Good observation, hadn't stuck me.

Edit: iii's Front also has a pretty clear nod to Touch Absence.

Edited by psn
  • Like 3

There’s a few elements to their new sound that usually I would avoid (I guess that’s the RnB thing) but sometimes they pull it off and hit the bullseye. There are some tracks that I only need to listen to once though and never revisit because they miss by a mile.

22 hours ago, beerwolf said:

There’s a few elements to their new sound that usually I would avoid (I guess that’s the RnB thing) but sometimes they pull it off and hit the bullseye. There are some tracks that I only need to listen to once though and never revisit because they miss by a mile.

UK garage is back baby!!!

• Like 2

Do you really like it, is it, is it really wicked. Were lovin’ it, lovin’ it, lovin’ it. Lovin’ it like that!

Yeah baby!!!

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 9:36 PM, species8472 said:

Personaly it's by far my favourite track on the e.p! ? but whole thing is pretty solid..

• Like 1

Excited! Love UK garage and Overmono are generally p reliably good

Checking out what is available on their bandcamp.

• Like 1