IGNORED

Meltface 6 reaction video

guidewire

Thought it was gonna be this guy first :lol:

I don't really get the organic argument with electronic music.. Most of Meltphace's synths is probably resampled hardware synths? Or FX.. Reminds me of my roommate, he says all electronic music is dead matter, he has over 2000 psychrock records at home.. A lot of which use synths :huh:

ᵃˡˢᵒ ʰᵉ ᵐᵉᵈᶦᵗᵃᵗᵉˢ ᵗᵒ ʸᵒᵘᵗᵘᵇᵉ ʸᵒᵍᵃ ᶜʰᶦˡˡᵒᵘᵗ ʷʰᶦᶜʰ ᶦˢ ᵃᶜᵗᵘᵃˡ ᵈᵉᵃᵈ ᵐᵃᵗᵗᵉʳ

Edited by chronical
  • Haha 1

Melting that golf cap.

2 hours ago, chronical said:

I don't really get the organic argument with electronic music.. Most of Meltphace's synths is probably resampled hardware synths? Or FX.. Reminds me of my roommate, he says all electronic music is dead matter, he has over 2000 psychrock records at home.. A lot of which use synths :huh:

Yeah. Usually it comes from people who dont know electronic much. It's one of the most common prejudice it seems.

But when you get to really experimental tracks and sounds it could be argued that it is even MORE organic in some cases because of how the sound evolves in a way that is similar to sound in nature and goes even beyond sometimes.

When i think organic im more likely to think about an Autechre patch or an evolving experimental electronic soundscape than a rock band sound personally. Something that sound like an organism or a living entity. Multishaped and morphing.

I think there is an initial dislike of electronic timbre for some people.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 1

I have unfortunately had the honor of watching quite a few reaction videos and it's the saddest thing. A girl will react to something "super nerdy", make weiird and "kyoote" faces while watching or listening to something and then guys will explain the lore or technics behind what she just witnessed in the comments and she'll award them with hearts. Then later the guys will post cum tributes to her on Reddit or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Farnsworth 1

4 minutes ago, Squee said:

I have unfortunately had the honor of watching quite a few reaction videos and it's the saddest thing. A girl will react to something "super nerdy", make weiird and "kyoote" faces while watching or listening to something and then guys will explain the lore or technics behind what she just witnessed in the comments and she'll award them with hearts. Then later the guys will post cum tributes to her on Reddit or something.

6cvw7t.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Burger 3
  • Big Brain 2

Enjoyed it. Was better than expected, tbh. Usually, when people don't really like something, they just act like they do anyway. Just for the sake of keeping viewers happy. But here he was up for it. As if he was listening to speed jazz, or something. 

Also enjoyed his reacts to a bunch of Radiohead tunes. Especially pyramid song. That one hit his sensitive chord, so to speak. Those react videos, when there's a more deep emotional response tend to be the best. imo

• Like 4

I had a work pal who retired in 2020. We started having weekly dinners in summer '21 in a surrogate dad-son kind of energy. Last October, it was my turn to drive and I was wearing a homemade Aphex shirt. He asked "what does that symbol mean"? I explained it to him and then Drukqspilled him on the ride home--last 2 minutes of "54 Cymru Beats" obv. He paused for a really long time and then said: "that kind of music can really raise your blood pressure". He had open heart triple bypass surgery 3 weeks later. This is 100% true. I don't think Richard was causative in this case but we'll never be sure. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 4/17/2022 at 4:07 PM, ignatius said:

i have watched some react videos of people reacting to other people reacting to something. 

Makes me think of this gem:

• Haha 3

On 4/17/2022 at 4:07 PM, ignatius said:

i have watched some react videos of people reacting to other people reacting to something. 

reminds me of this: KOOL AD getting high watching Action Bronson Getting high watchign Ancient Aliens

• Yeh just saw this - my new fave reviewer  - cos he nails it. I'd love him to do loads more aphex as well as the other biggies new and old:
  • aphex (tha, xmas_eve)
  • squarepusher (beep st/my fucking sound),
  • 'chre (piezo, pendulu hv moda),
  • BoC (anything!) 
Edited by phudoshin
  • Like 1

I like the Aphex Twin reaction videos most are skewering in this thread. Way more than an academic approach.

Everyone has a first time experiencing a style. Getting to capture that on camera, especially in a DIY setting with lower production values, makes it feel sincere. Watching that reminds me of my own experiencing discovering stuff I love for the first time. Even if they don't love it.

Also reaction videos are often funny. 

Edited by Taupe Beats

I never understand why most of these youtuber music reactors will listen to a song for a minute, talk for a minute about, listen another minute, talk.. etc. It's your first listen so pausing it will degrade it's effect somewhat.

• Like 3

Over the beginning of the pandemic I must have watched every video this dude and his brother put out. 100% genuine / open-minded reactions, especially from this kid. What was particularly great was seeing him hear heavy metal for the first time in his life (master of puppets) and and being completely caught off guard by how much he gets into it… then down the line watching him evolve through deep dives of many other genre videos to the point where he starts referring to himself as a “metal head”. 
I’m a superfan. I even ordered a twinsthenewtrend coffee mug from his merch link. 

• Like 1