IGNORED

Netflix has lost 2 million customers

cern

2 hours ago, logakght said:

what have you found? or better, how do you train it?

From science stuff, programming tutorials or in depth attachment theory stuff. You just have to skip all you don’t care and watch/ like the rest. It learns pretty quick

currently it starts recommending me books about philosophy 

• Like 1

I’m not surprised.  I canceled Netflix after 10+ years, when they raised their monthly rate, in favor of HBO Max.  I paid for a year upfront and got what I think is better programming for less.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, logakght said:

what have you found? or better, how do you train it?

Hashtags and following and liking. Lots of Cancer on TikTok. Lots of people with health issues. Or am I imagining this? Is this just life?

Thanks for the reminder, closed my subscription now. Haven't watched anything there in months. Will probably start it again in the autumn when there's something new worth watching and the evenings get darker again.

• Like 1

Netflix should found more projects like The Forest of Love and I'm Thinking of Ending Things.

Cause those were mindblowing.

Im still so surprised they funded those two crazy projects.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 2

That, and some quality control. I don't know who greenlights these shitty manuscripts, but maybe look into collaborating with some actual up and coming writers/directors/DPs etc... So much money spent and so little of value to show for it. Spend money on good stuff morons.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 5

^ yeah think this is it. Totally get that they saw the writing on the wall and put huge efforts into creating a bunch of original content to prepare for the day when they lost all their popular series back to other networks. But, the downside is that so much of it is so middling that even though they put out some random amazing shit (I'm Thinking of Ending Things is a great example, I'd put Power of the Dog up there too) it gets lost in the noise.

Also, just too much of it. I def have found myself sinking into the trap of just scrolling through content for half an hour unable to decide on anything... and having this association that whatever I choose is probably gong to be "ok I guess?"

Then I inevitably flip over and watch something on HBO Max or whatever. ..

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

^ yeah think this is it. Totally get that they saw the writing on the wall and put huge efforts into creating a bunch of original content to prepare for the day when they lost all their popular series back to other networks. But, the downside is that so much of it is so middling that even though they put out some random amazing shit (I'm Thinking of Ending Things is a great example, I'd put Power of the Dog up there too) it gets lost in the noise.

Also, just too much of it. I def have found myself sinking into the trap of just scrolling through content for half an hour unable to decide on anything... and having this association that whatever I choose is probably gong to be "ok I guess?"

Then I inevitably flip over and watch something on HBO Max or whatever. ..

The entire Netflix thing was a trick by the movie Gods so that I'm Thinking of Ending Things can be made hahahaha thats my personal conspiracy theory

It has justified its existence by this movie alone. Once its dead it might be the only thing that will stand the test of time. ''Netflix whats that? oh that commercial streaming service back in the day that funded Kaufman masterpiece, Im Thinking of Ending Things''

This movie is concentrated imagination in its purest form. What a movie.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, thefxbip said:

$270 million budget for Stranger Things 4.

$30 million per episode. crazy. FX budget is probably nuts but hopefully all those kids cashed in and got top salaries. 

there's a bunch of stuff i've seen on netflix over the years that i don't know if i'd have seen otherwise.. extended version of Hateful Eight (which is soooooo much better than theatrical release. it's amazing really) and a bunch of docs like Jim and Andy and various nature things and climate things, 13th (amazing and wtf america)  and nazi things and serial killer things like ted bundy tapes. that stuff is great for streaming platforms. probably a bunch of horny things i wouldn't have seen either.. blue is the warmest color (big sad horny break up movie), nymphomaniac I & II.. very weird, but also stuff like antichrist (wtf), comedy specials..

so, while i have no idea what their balance sheet looks like they really threw a lot of money at creating and licensing content for better or worse.. hopefully they take their lumps and learn something and go ahead w/good stuff to supplement the torrents ? 

• Like 3

On 4/20/2022 at 4:10 PM, o00o said:

+ Better Call Saul is streched over 2 month so I actually have to pay 4x times than the last season costs on amazon. 

Oh my god that's why they've done that. Pretty fucked.

never subbed, myself. i don’t like that business model, as i simply don’t have the health or personality to endlessly consume and get vfm. it would turn into overpaying far more quickly for me. physical media was fine for films, but streaming made that into a format fetish, and hoarding exercise … dumped too much of it and sold what i could from that. i had hoped netflix’s international studios might make accessing new foreign stuff far easier, but crossovers have been minimal. i don’t really think the companies own sense of its own identity matches what field they’re working in. reminds me of uber trying claim it was a tech company and not a taxi service. mismatch, misfire. still expect similar model will return to favour as it ties to never ending growth in internet speed, use and access you’ll not see the back of.

• Like 2