IGNORED

VANLIGT FOLK

zaizai

Vanligt folk is a Swedish band I’ve discovered last year.

I’m kind of obsessed with their last Lp since it was out, their sound is hard to describe. Somewhere between The Residents,  electro body music and Skam sounds. 
Vocals are processed all the way, and sometimes you can get a laugh with them, but they can give you also massive goosebumps. (Well, for my case lol)

hope you’ll enjoy them as much as I do ! 
they deserve the underground fame.

take my money Vanligt folk ! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, psn said:

Good mix of Schwedisch und Norwegisch in their titles.

Thanks for this information !

I was wondering what the lyrics are about…

maybe you can help someday, if you listen to it !:catnope:

First heard them a couple of years ago, have listened to the Hambo LP a few times and the self-titled EP once.

I generally like what they're doing and like their visual aesthetic, but something's missing in the music for me, or it's likely that it needs more time.

The tracks above sound good so I should check out the new one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sidewinder said:

First heard them a couple of years ago, have listened to the Hambo LP a few times and the self-titled EP once.

I generally like what they're doing and like their visual aesthetic, but something's missing in the music for me, or it's likely that it needs more time.

The tracks above sound good so I should check out the new one.

I totally agree, first listening was not incredible, but I liked the strange vibes and the fucked up vocals.

i came back to it a little later, and some tracks really impressed me. The weirdness and the funniness reminds me The Residents, one of my favorite bands.

I’ve listened to all their Discogs and this last lp is the one, the blend is lush.

their first releases was more into EBM, with less processed vocals.

must be their maturity album lol

• Like 1