IGNORED

Best Interviews with Artists who go into detail about their approach to making music (preferably electronic)

Brisbot

I have been reading Tim Hecker interviews recently and it's impressive how much he goes into his process and I have a list of ideas to try out from them. I wish people were this open on how he makes music instead of keeping it close to your chest. Good technique and sound design is required to make good music, however the most important part is what you do with the sounds and that's where he excels . His music isn't good because he has hidden sound design secrets or whatever. He could teach someone everything he knows but they won't be able to emulate that kinda creativity. That is generalizing a bit but you get muh point.

https://www.factmag.com/2016/03/31/tim-hecker-interview-love-streams/

I

2 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I have been reading Tim Hecker interviews recently and it's impressive how much he goes into his process and I have a list of ideas to try out from them. I wish people were this open on how he makes music instead of keeping it close to your chest. Good technique and sound design is required to make good music, however the most important part is what you do with the sounds and that's where he excels . His music isn't good because he has hidden sound design secrets or whatever. He could teach someone everything he knows but they won't be able to emulate that kinda creativity. That is generalizing a bit but you get muh point.

https://www.factmag.com/2016/03/31/tim-hecker-interview-love-streams/

I

but he's not gonna tell you where he got that hat

Squarepusher and Autechre:
 "No traditional music making here, we create our own drum machines with complex micro assembler max msp programing". 

Me: "Yes finally I made a 808-kick out of a Sine Wave!" ?

• Haha 1

not electronic, but since Frusciante's already been referenced in here, thought I'd post this:

https://www.guitarworld.com/features/john-frusciante-red-hot-chili-peppers-unlimited-love

note: I do not like much RHCP stuff after about Blood Sugar. I gave this new album a whirl and can't stand Anthony's vocals on it. but anyone who plays guitar knows John Frusciante is legit. he gets into the weeds a bit in that article about musical inspiration, chord progressions, effects, all that.

• 7 months later...