IGNORED

The Fear Ratio - Slinky (Tresor)

dcom

Skittering beats, glitchy scratchy nastiness, discernible Autechrean influences, and a couple of tracks with King Kashmere on rhyme duty. Bandcamp has only one track, Juno has clips. I'll wait until full release, but tentatively recommended.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

I listened to their last one quite a bit when it came out and still listen to it occasionally even now. Good stuff.

Not sure about that cover art though. Hot pink doesn't exactly scream "Fear Ratio" to me.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kichiguy said:

Would be good to have the collabo joints as bonus instrumentals for the purists.

Yeah, like with the Funckarma ones w/ Shadow Huntaz on Skam. They're brilliant.

• Like 1

I agree the last album is good but not as nuanced and attractive as Refuge Of A Twisted Soul is. Such a shame that without DJ Prime Cuts this time. He would be a better choice than a rap.

My advice is to be patient, coz we are probably waiting for some best tracks of The Fear Ratio. Otherwise you end up like me being addicted to some clips...

Meanwhile if you want to increase your appetite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZKBiWmyjUk

or if you really need to listen some fragments of new album:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrBG9OaRl3c&t=280s

Edited by blantchot1
wrong format
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

kind of sounds like if Plaid and Autechre made an album together 

I am still holding out for an Autechre beatz album with guest vocals in a bunch of different trax.  

Busdriver, King Kashmere from this album, Ivorian Doll (female drill).... that album would be so dope.

• Facepalm 1

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

This is kinda like Autechre made a baby with Moderat and I like it 

that's a 3 way.. or 4 way. proper orgy. 

anyway.. i like the fear ratio. have followed them since that first skam release. good shit. 

some of Slinky reminds of that dude Vlad who had releases on skam way back. EMo Droids or whatever it was called. but less hiphop electro and more techy. 

whatever happened to that Vlad stuff? still available digitally. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Love this album! L10, LFIVE and Lacovset are new favourites, but there's a lot of other great tracks on here. A lot of AE NTS vibes, especially on tracks like NB AP, STMS and BS2. Didn't like the King Kashmere tracks before the album was released, but I've really warmed up to them, they make the album work better. It does lose some momentum towards the end, though. Effem feels like an out of place Plaid track or something.