IGNORED

Health issues for the old school fans

marf

On 5/8/2022 at 8:24 PM, Danny O Flannagin said:

Right knee aching since 2020. A pain that originates on the inner side of the knee and shoots up the thigh when its bad. MRI appear normal. Physical therapy has no effect. 

Idk lol, any suggestions? 

Genuinely- a sleeve and loads of walking every day with the sleeve on if you've not already tried. I had the same symptoms and it worked for me (completely fine again after a few months). This was 13 yrs ago and it's been fine ever since. Good luck.

• Like 3

I’m 34 now. Really starting to thin out on top, but so is peder mannerfelt.

with 3 kids, 2 toddler aged, I just don’t have the time I used to have. I keep telling myself I’m going to have time again.

It’s hard to fit in exercise for your health but not get obsessed. I have a hard time committing without obsessing.

3 hours ago, marf said:

What do you take for sleep. Ambient doesn't work on me. 

Yes, God yes, hot baths. I miss them. My water heater doesn't get hot enough. I used to have a hot ass water heater, It was so lush. Therapy to the max. 

Trazodone. It’s relatively free of side effects but I didn’t expect that it would have a sticking effect for long-term use.  If I forget to take it I’m ? all night. 

In my old apartment, the water heater was about 5 degrees too cool and it threw me off completely. The landlord had it all sealed up behind a wooden board and I had to screw that open and adjust the temperature. In my new home I think I have it set to 135f and I fill up that tub (with a cup or two of epsom salt) without turning on the cold water and then put in maybe a liter or two of cold water and it’s ? 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

Genuinely- a sleeve and loads of walking every day with the sleeve on if you've not already tried. I had the same symptoms and it worked for me (completely fine again after a few months). This was 13 yrs ago and it's been fine ever since. Good luck.

I'll have to try this, my right knee has been fucked lately too. Also had rib flare on the left side for the past year or so, which is uncomfortable and weird.

Funny how I have a "real job" and "good insurance" now and the only difference it's made for me medically is that now I have to pay copays for all the shit that used to be free when I was on medicaid.

• Like 1

with all the scars told here

On 3/23/2017 at 4:27 AM, diatoms said:

“We’re gonna need a bigger boat”

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

I'm in this club too. Actually the bald spot started in my late 20s, much to my dismay. By 30 I stopped trying to cover it up and went the full head-shaving route and haven't looked back (I'm 36).

Hell yeah! I think I'm 36 too so we're in the same club

• Farnsworth 1

I got my ballsack ripped off by a Wolf when I was having a massive wank in the wilderness. It was upsetting but once the Wolf had eaten it he turned to me and said that’s the tastiest ballsack he’s ever eaten in his life. I was happy then.  

• Like 1
  • Burger 2

On 5/9/2022 at 5:41 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

Trazodone. It’s relatively free of side effects but I didn’t expect that it would have a sticking effect for long-term use.  If I forget to take it I’m ? all night. 

In my old apartment, the water heater was about 5 degrees too cool and it threw me off completely. The landlord had it all sealed up behind a wooden board and I had to screw that open and adjust the temperature. In my new home I think I have it set to 135f and I fill up that tub (with a cup or two of epsom salt) without turning on the cold water and then put in maybe a liter or two of cold water and it’s ? 

Ive taken trazodone. It's an Italian drug. You can get a hard on that wont go down. You have to go to the ER if that happens. Its rare.

Benadryl works too. I Just dont sleep. I tend to stay up all night. Thats my normal balance. It's awful, I get up by 10 am no matter what. I could sleep all day though.

Baking soda is also nice in the bath. Lots of it. I like the Dr Teal's epsom salts. I use a ton of it. Can't lather the soap it gets so salty. 

I went bald at 25, It was traumatic. Couldn't care less now. I enjoy shaving the head. There are days Id love the hair back, though. I really appreciate a great hair line. I'll just stare at one sometimes. Like damn. That must feel so good. Maybe they'll be able to switch the hair gene back on someday. Id probably still shave my head, but it would be a buzz cut. There's a difference.

I also had knee problems. I built up the muscles around the knee cap. That seemed to fix it. 

Being in chronic pain can make you depressed. Or not help at least. Im already stricken with MDD OCD and anxiety disorders, now im ruminating if ill get ALS like my grandfather and uncle. Please god, not that.

• Burger 1

Sadly, Weed makes me go into an existential crisis. Chemically it doesn't vibrate with me. Ive given it many chances. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 10:35 AM, diatoms said:

try cannabis for pain management & help with sleep

kratom too

20 hours ago, marf said:

Sadly, Weed makes me go into an existential crisis. Chemically it doesn't vibrate with me. Ive given it many chances. 

sadly this became my experience as well. was nightly user of weed back in the day then in my late twenties it betrayed me. every now and then i give it another chance and always regret it. seems to highlight every kind of pain in my body. joint pain, back pain etc.. and causes acid reflux and paranoia. such a drag because i used to love weed. was the thing that helped me sleep and relax or have fun and be goofy. so it goes... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chenGOD said:

Try watching government budget analysis meetings for the cure to insomnia.

double edged sword though. there's something so mind numbing about those kinds of things that it can feel like a trap which causes anxiety and need to change the channel and watch something else as means of relief. 

5 minutes ago, ignatius said:

double edged sword though. there's something so mind numbing about those kinds of things that it can feel like a trap which causes anxiety and need to change the channel and watch something else as means of relief. 

Yeah you don't really sleep - you just time travel - you regain consciousness 3 hours later with no recollection of what just happened.

On 5/8/2022 at 8:17 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Supply chain problems in Europe are delaying my radiation treatment ? 

Hope you get some progress on this. I've had some very recent experiences with loved ones waiting on treatments/surgeries, and ICU/aftercare. 

21 hours ago, marf said:

+

11 minutes ago, ignatius said:

sadly this became my experience as well. was nightly user of weed back in the day then in my late twenties it betrayed me. every now and then i give it another chance and always regret it. seems to highlight every kind of pain in my body. joint pain, back pain etc.. and causes acid reflux and paranoia. such a drag because i used to love weed. was the thing that helped me sleep and relax or have fun and be goofy. so it goes... 

I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmmm.
... attack spliffs on fire off the hard shoulder of the A12.

I've tried some CBD to help with aches and pains, but didn't really see the benefit. I'd smoke in my younger days, but it would lead to freak outs these days. Smoking something far too strong in Amsterdam after years of absence resulted in a very long walk home, and me thinking I could tell who was Dutch by looking at them, and then trying to work out how I could tell. It made sense at the time, though was freaking me out. 

• Burger 1

25 minutes ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

I've tried some CBD to help with aches and pains, but didn't really see the benefit.

some of the salves and oils work pretty well but only if they're a mix of CBD and THC. i think the CBD works better when it has the other cannabinoids in the mix.. seems like it 'activates' the magic. at least in the ones i've found. you need a one to one ratio or just high thc and reasonable CBD amounts. and rub it in pretty deeply. i've experienced some pain relief this way that was amazing. 

5 hours ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

Hope you get some progress on this. I've had some very recent experiences with loved ones waiting on treatments/surgeries, and ICU/aftercare. 

+

I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmmm.
... attack spliffs on fire off the hard shoulder of the A12.

I've tried some CBD to help with aches and pains, but didn't really see the benefit. I'd smoke in my younger days, but it would lead to freak outs these days. Smoking something far too strong in Amsterdam after years of absence resulted in a very long walk home, and me thinking I could tell who was Dutch by looking at them, and then trying to work out how I could tell. It made sense at the time, though was freaking me out. 

One good thing about US states with legalized weed, is that everything is laid out in detail; strains, terpines, THC/CBD content, etc. they’re really good about helping find what will ease your symptoms. Not like an Amsterdam coffeeshop hostess, those Russian girls don’t play. “Get een, get out, before I schtab you.” 
?