IGNORED

Digitonal - Set The Weather Fair: Seasons (Just Music)

dcom

A beautiful remix release of Digitonal's most recent album's tracks; Digitonal is in my all-time top 10 favourite artists, so this comes extremely highly recommended. Teensy weensy bit pricey, but worth it.

• Like 2

One of those artists I have listened to here and there over the years but never really gave a fair chance. I will at your recommendation though!

Edited by Extralife

nice, I've have that Marconi Union remix in my drum practice playlist for the past couple months, cool to see it get a proper release and looking forward to hearing the rest.

1 hour ago, Extralife said:

One of those artists I have listened to hear and there over the years but never really gave a fair chance.

I was introduced to Digitonal starting from The Centre Cannot Hold, which is an amazing four-track EP; Maris Stella has Kirsty Hawkshaw (of Opus 3's It's A Fine Day fame) on vocals and Calum Cook on cello; Maris Stella, Snowflake Vectors, aond Cantus V are fantastic, but Amberkreiss is nothing short of sublime, there's so much emotion packed into one track that I'm bursting at the seams every time I listen to it - it has to do with my intense love of electronic music and the fact that I started to play the violin at age 6, so the combination of electronic beats and production coupled with actual string instruments is exactly my thing.

Then there is the Live At The Oxygen Bar, which was available to listen on Digitonal's website a long time ago as a Flash audio player, and I ripped the music from it (I think it was 96 kbit MP3) and listened to it over and over, until it became available as an MP3 from WarpMart (the precursor of Bleep). It was taken down after a short period of time and hasn't been officially available since, but I bought it then and absolutely treasure it. You'll have to hear the combination of Roots + Rapture's Coming (they're meant to gapless) first from O2, then from Live at the Norberg Festival, it's essential - but do listen to both in full, too - O2 still blows my mind.

Be Still My Bleeping Heart has all the essential older tracks, if you want a quick walkthrough - but I recommnend everything they've released. I wish I could've seen and heard them live at O2 or Norberg, electronics with a live cellist and/or violinist... be still my bleeping heart.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1