IGNORED

English Football League - 2022/2023 Season

On 10/20/2022 at 11:49 AM, milkface said:

We're now 5th - 4 points above W*tford. Life is good.

This didn't age well. Still a decent boxing day result (2-1 win against Norwich). 12th place with a game in hand and the points are insanely tight! A win with that game would take us to 5th place.

Interesting to see Arsenal are still digging in and gunning it for the PL title.

Big shout out to Michael Carrick and the fantastic transformation he's accomplished at 'boro. I told my dad (born in Middlesbrough) Carrick would do wonders for the team.

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Let's see what comes of this...

Manchester City charged with breaking financial rules by Premier League

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64536785

The Premier League has charged Manchester City with more than 100 breaches of its financial rules following a four-year investigation.

Also, Liverpool LOL. Good job Wolves. 

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Luton Town remain neck and neck with Middlesbrough (4th and 3rd respectively, separated by only goal difference). Won the derby 2-0 last weekend but I highly doubt Sheffield United will bottle it to allow us to sneak into the automatic promotion places but even a spot in the playoffs like last season would have me hoping for promotion again!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2023 at 7:00 PM, milkface said:

Luton town are in 3rd with 4 games to go. Promotion to the Premier League is looking more and more real.

5 points behind the Blades and they have a match in hand. Feel like you'll be in the playoff rather than automatic promotion. I'm for 'boro but it would be lovely to see any of those four in the playoff spots now in the prem again.

46 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

5 points behind the Blades and they have a match in hand. Feel like you'll be in the playoff rather than automatic promotion.

I completely agree, especially with the fact that there are only 4 games to go. Some absolute disaster would have to happen to the Blades for is to somehow snag 2nd. I'm still quite confident for the playoffs. We lost the playoff semi finals last season but our squad is so much stronger now and we're on a 10-game unbeaten run under a new manager.

Would be absolutely unreal to have Luton back in the prem. We've not been in the top flight since 1992, and were in the National League (5th tier) as recently as 2014!

As a matter of fact I'm lucky enough to be around to go to the Luton Town vs. Middlesbrough home game next week!! Can't wait.

Edited by milkface
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, chenGOD said:

@milkface how excited are you for Luton v Coventry!!

Insanely nervous I feel like we can beat Cov but scared shitless nonetheless. The weather will be nice on Saturday apparently so that will cheer me up if we lose lol

On 5/27/2023 at 3:39 AM, chenGOD said:

Hoping for a positive result for you lot. Would be magic to have Luton up in the top flight again.

I still can't believe we did it the game took a few years off my life I'm sure. It still hasn't sunk in but we're back at the top for the first time in 31 years.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 7/29/2023 at 6:01 AM, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

Didn’t know where else to post…

22/23 Derby home kit on sale for almost nothing

image.thumb.png.37fc57f4b4c7d38cafaff9cbe4432066.png

Who in the actual fuck is paying $71 for a Derby shirt in the US? Hardly a widely recognized side.

On 7/31/2023 at 7:16 PM, chenGOD said:

Who in the actual fuck is paying $71 for a Derby shirt in the US? Hardly a widely recognized side.

Lol exactly 

On 7/31/2023 at 9:29 PM, BobDobalina said:

lol, they're not even in the PL and have the as-yet unbroken PL-record for fewest points in a season (aka abject shite), but yeah otherwise solid buy can only enhance yor street cred

The perks of being an American - street cred ain’t a thing cause no one can rate Derby 

• 3 weeks later...