track 3 from John Peel's meltdown 1998.

ignatius

Posted (edited)

not heard this one before. saw it on reddit.. post said it was played on BBC radio 6  just a while ago.  so nice when that pad comes in. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Farnsworth 1

• ignatius changed the title to track 3 from John Peel's meltdown 1998.
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, ignatius said:

not heard this one before

Really? It's around the halfway point in the 1998 Vancouver soundboard as well

Edited by toaoaoad

13 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Really? It's around the halfway point in the 1998 Vancouver soundboard as well

ah. ok. the pad was reminiscent but it's been a while. 

2 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

I think there might be different tweaks and stuff between the versions... it's hard for me to tell rn 🥴

it's what they do though. make the live set then jam w/it some makes sense that it'd be in other places.  

39 minutes ago, Tomoo said:

That pad really brings it together. I would do anything for some of their 90s soundboards...

There are a couple. If you haven't heard the Vancouver 1998 soundboard then you should definitely check it out :ok:

24 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

There are a couple. If you haven't heard the Vancouver 1998 soundboard then you should definitely check it out :ok:

Yeah I've heard a few out there but imagine a large official collection like AE_LIVE. A lot of their best material is in these old sets. sean pls :catface:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ignatius said:

not heard this one before. saw it on reddit.. post said it was played on BBC radio 6  just a while ago.  so nice when that pad comes in. 

this has been my favourite Ae moment forever. there is another version here

if only i could be somehow transported to that live event, i would die a happy man...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I want a recording of that show in Barcelona they show in the Universal Techno documentary. That track playing right there is sooo good. Very reminiscent of the Psy-Onyx remix, but more upbeat.

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

To me, the version from the Vancouver set is the definitive version. And somehow, I have the feeling there must have been an official track released somewhere resembling this. Couldn't find it. The track which currently seems to come closest is Cap.IV

With a bit of wishful thinking the same pads are buried underneath there. Just in a different key.

1 hour ago, t yst r said:

I want a recording of that show in Barcelona they show in the Universal Techno documentary. That track playing right there is sooo good. Very reminiscent of the Psy-Onyx remix, but more upbeat.

dude, you just brought back one of my oldest quests for music titles given up. that track is sick. i completely forgot about it by now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, milkface said:

Thanks for sharing - the thread title makes it seem like Peel had a meltdown on air or something lol

Lol, split into three tracks for our convenience, one for each stage.

Track 1: Rumble

Track 2: Rage

Track 3: Recovery

• Haha 1