IGNORED

Twitch AMA

NewSchoolScience

1 hour ago, Iwanttobefree said:

No I think he meant that Primavera is fucked up so there is a chance that it wont come out, but as usual they will try to record the others. If the others would fail as well they would do a proper studio recording at home of the set and put that one out.

yes, it makes sense ... I got carried away 
anyway, maybe I would prefer a studio version of the set, which systematically collects each fragment without leaving anything to chance (...sure... nothing to chance lol)

Finished binging these last night, incredible. Fuckin love this guy lol. I know he says the music should speak for itself, but I have to admit I always find new appreciation for it when I hear them talk about it. Also really enjoy his personality. Zero bullshit. Sean thx :flower:

One standout for me is that the songs he still rates from Amber are the exact same ones I do, no shit!

• Like 8

He is a very smart and very funny guy - great insights too. Amazing he did this…never thought I’d see Sean share / interact on video. It’s true what others said about no BS. I love how irreverent he is about their great music. (Made a nice change or contrast from listening to one or two American artists pontificate about how amazing their music / techniques / plugins ((that I doubt they coded themselves) are recently.)

Edited by Lianne
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lianne said:

one or two American artists pontificate about how amazing their music / techniques / plugins

(other than kanye) do people actually do that? say how great they are or their music is? 

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

(other than kanye) do people actually do that? say how great they are or their music is? 

I didn’t want to name names as it felt a bit negative, but one of them was that artist BT. I had to unfollow him on Facebook (don’t know why I was following really - thought the studio stuff would be interesting.) Had a soft spot for him for a couple of tracks, especially the breakbeat stuff in the year 2000. But he really is as I said tbh, seemingly with every new release or software thing he’s involved in. 

Edited by Lianne
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, CarpetSoup said:

He mentioned listening to https://patriciataxxon.bandcamp.com/ which was new to me.

Thats a big load of tunes to go through! Especially given she started putting stuff on bc in 2015. 

yikes

also, their music? Not a she? Am i getting cancelled now for thinking binary?

From what ive heard sofar, visiting narcissa sounds closest to autechre to me. It shares the same dna, if you will. To my ears, at least

What was that bit he mentioned about the time he and Rob were doing Cavity Job when the guy doing the mastering panicked because he was afraid that a perfect square wave would break the speakers? For some reason that had me rollin

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

What was that bit he mentioned about the time he and Rob were doing Cavity Job when the guy doing the mastering panicked because he was afraid that a perfect square wave would break the speakers? For some reason that had me rollin

i think he was talking about a gig and the PA at the venue. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Finished binging these last night, incredible. Fuckin love this guy lol. I know he says the music should speak for itself, but I have to admit I always find new appreciation for it when I hear them talk about it. Also really enjoy his personality. Zero bullshit. Sean thx :flower:

One standout for me is that the songs he still rates from Amber are the exact same ones I do, no shit!

Me too.. Piezo! Montreal! 

Re Sean's  "albums *eyeroll" comment  -  I've defo chewed more on AE_LIVE than NTS and Elseq - hell Im still trying to wrap my noggin around exai to be honest - thats  not a complaint tho

I work in psychiatry and was presenting on zoom to a regional autism group the other night. Really inspiring to hear Sean talk openly about his neurodivergence and a lot of it resonates with me also. So rare to hear a master be so unpretentious. Like what other band active for over 30 years hasn't lost the plot?

Utterly fantastic video and weirdly relaxing? Like when I had down time on my on call yesterday I was watching it and it chilled me out which was beneficial as I had to stay an hour late to help a drug addict choking on his own vomit.

Edited by Richie Sombrero
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, ambermonke said:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1