IGNORED

Twitch AMA

NewSchoolScience

Damn I'm late again. Had no idea there was another AMA until this morning.

Didn't know him and Rob were asked to do the soundtrack for Metroid Prime tho, that's fuckin sick. Too bad Nintendo shot that down.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, nikisoko said:

this seemed to confirm the hanal leak.. did sb ever say he was that xh hx handle on yt?

that xh hx is the channel in which, three years ago, they uploaded that long series of videos. The videos were manipulations of Sean's vintage tv archive (some time later, during the quarantine, he used the same ones on twitch to experiment with self-generating visuals), so I'd say that yes, it's undoubtedly shren's yt channel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

that xh hx is the channel in which, three years ago, they uploaded that long series of videos. The videos were manipulations of Sean's vintage tv archive (some time later, during the quarantine, he used the same ones on twitch to experiment with self-generating visuals), so I'd say that yes, it's undoubtedly shren's yt channel.

ah ok. thanks for the info 

• Like 1

Someone asked "what is the vocal sample being chopped up in Second Scepe ?"

awnser : "I'm not telling"

...well I can't hear a vocal sample at all in Second Scepe. did I misunderstood the song title or what ?

34 minutes ago, neurone said:

...well I can't hear a vocal sample at all in Second Scepe. did I misunderstood the song title or what ?

Really? It starts 23 seconds into the track. A female voice it seems, or something pitched up. All nice 'n chopped up.

You sure you got the right track in mind?

Edit: perhaps there's a mix-up in the track titles (on vinyl) and you have Second Scout in mind.

Edited by t yst r
  • Thanks 1

That Autism topic is kinda deep

Im not a doctor or anything but I have hang out with tons of Introvert people like Sean and Rob. 
They are often not interested in small chats, observing a lot and avoiding conflicts, getting annoyed by stupid people and so on.. 

But in my experience people with Autism Is much more different and difficult to deal with. 
They have trouble to understand face expression, irony or sarcasm. They have very difficult with the Social game!
They can come in to your home and like "Give me something to eat!" instead of like "Hello, excuse me but I feel a little bit hungry, can you please make me a sandwich?" 

Im not saying Sean not having Autism but I would never in a mile think he had that. 

1 hour ago, cern said:

That Autism topic is kinda deep

Im not a doctor or anything but I have hang out with tons of Introvert people like Sean and Rob. 
They are often not interested in small chats, observing a lot and avoiding conflicts, getting annoyed by stupid people and so on.. 

But in my experience people with Autism Is much more different and difficult to deal with. 
They have trouble to understand face expression, irony or sarcasm. They have very difficult with the Social game!
They can come in to your home and like "Give me something to eat!" instead of like "Hello, excuse me but I feel a little bit hungry, can you please make me a sandwich?" 

Im not saying Sean not having Autism but I would never in a mile think he had that. 

Therez nearly 300 mental disorders listed in the DSM-5 and online communities accept only autism and to some degree bipolar ... both being misused and misdiagnosed in 99% of cases

what youre describing can be explained in 100 different ways, ... including autistic spectrum... but including other disorders ... and including comorbidities ... but also including personality axis as in completely normal or neurotic or borderline or psychotic inter- and intrapersonal levels of functioning 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, xox said:

Therez nearly 300 mental disorders listed in the DSM-5 and online communities accept only autism and to some degree bipolar ... both being misused and misdiagnosed in 99% of cases

what youre describing can be explained in 100 different ways, ... including autistic spectrum... but including other disorders ... and including comorbidities ... but also including personality axis as in completely normal or neurotic or borderline or psychotic inter- and intrapersonal levels of functioning 

not even talking about even simple things are misused like introvert or extrovert. by classical terms, introvert is someone who loses energy in social interactions, extrovert is someone who gains energy from them. its a bit hard to even talk about it as black and white, as example im probably somewhere in the middle, but people call me introvert 99% of the times. i gain a lot of energy from 1 on 1 sessions with friends or partner, or people who i know well. big groups of people however drain me quite a lot, and more especially if i dont know them

i think its the same with others, lot of times it feels like people call themselves introverts because they dont know much people they like

i wouldnt call neither sean nor rob an introvert

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Iwanttobefree said:

not even talking about even simple things are misused like introvert or extrovert. by classical terms, introvert is someone who loses energy in social interactions, extrovert is someone who gains energy from them. its a bit hard to even talk about it as black and white, as example im probably somewhere in the middle, but people call me introvert 99% of the times. i gain a lot of energy from 1 on 1 sessions with friends or partner, or people who i know well. big groups of people however drain me quite a lot, and more especially if i dont know them

i think its the same with others, lot of times it feels like people call themselves introverts because they dont know much people they like

i wouldnt call neither sean nor rob an introvert

exactly! okokokok ... i know a lot about the topic bc thatz what i do for living and i can't blame ppl for not understanding this but watching ppl talk about psychiatry and psychology, about brain and personality functioning is like watching laymen talking about symbolic machine code and they feel entitled to tutor others just bc they own and use computers since forever 

Edited by xox
  • Like 4

I didn't mean to like Categorize Sean and Rob in a certain way of being. 

Introvert and extrovert is just for me saying some persons are more to themself while other have more of a outgoing social approach.
This is something just good to say for describing some personality because people are so complex anyway!
And yes you can have both extrovert and introvert personality. I don't see anything wrong with describing people like that.
This is also not a mental disorder! 

My point was only that I was thinking "Autism" is a really "heavy" mental disorder. But like you saying maybe there is tons of different kinds of it. I don't know. Its very deep topic. 

• Like 2

Some of best friends and best liked people I believe are on the spectrum. Personally I cannot stand extroverted people. I find them selfish, untrustworthy and most of all, fucking annoying. Not all of them but most.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, t yst r said:

Really? It starts 23 seconds into the track. A female voice it seems, or something pitched up. All nice 'n chopped up.

You sure you got the right track in mind?

Edit: perhaps there's a mix-up in the track titles (on vinyl) and you have Second Scout in mind.

oh... yeah right thanks. I did not have my records nextby at this moment, so I checked out "second scepe " on youtube  but it was mislabelled.

Still reeling from the disclosure that a whole bunch of Quaristice trax (rale, fol3, fwzE and WNSN) were made using Renoise cause Sean didn't have a proper studio set up at the time.

Untitled sounds the way it does (aggro? intense?) because Sean had had a turbulent couple of years beforehand with family deaths and relationship breakdowns.

Some great little pieces of insight again.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Key said:

Still reeling from the disclosure that a whole bunch of Quaristice trax (rale, fol3, fwzE and WNSN) were made using Renoise cause Sean didn't have a proper studio set up at the time.

Untitled sounds the way it does (aggro? intense?) because Sean had had a turbulent couple of years beforehand with family deaths and relationship breakdowns.

Some great little pieces of insight again.

Sometimes less is more 

It was also very interesting to hear about the Atari ST C-Lab experiences and how it all came together after getting the keys to Daz Fitton studio. ?