IGNORED

Twitch AMA

NewSchoolScience

Going back on topic,

I watched a David Lynch short tonight and it dawned on me. Lynch does shorts quite often. Some of them very sound-based and experimental. Pretty sure he doesnt use producers and big money for those.

So if we take in consideration what Sean said about being willing to work with him on something if he had full control of sound and no producers and random people to fuck him up....well...

David Lynch weird-as-fuck short with AE soundtrack?

I want to live in a world where this exists.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

snip

mixing up social insecurity and lack of social intuition imho.

also

2 hours ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Note: being social is an act

absolutely not, it's an integral part of human nature and survival instinct.

if it genuinely feels that way to you maybe you're on the spectrum yourself?

4 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

mixing up social insecurity and lack of social intuition imho.

also

absolutely not, it's an integral part of human nature and survival instinct.

if it genuinely feels that way to you maybe you're on the spectrum yourself?

The thing about spectrums is we're all on it. Somewhere.

(i think we have different ideas on what "act" means, btw)

Edited by Satans Little Helper

Social situations tend to have scripts (or protocols) that people follow, and the scripts require a lot of implicit interaction knowledge, which is tacit - you're not explicitly taught and told how to behave, you learn by observing others - most people know how they're expected to behave, because they've been habituated through repetition, aided by their natural responses to various social, emotional and physical stimuli. I don't have an automated, intuitive mechanism of observing the cues nor natural responses to a lot of them, so I've had to deconstruct and reconstruct social scripts all the while keeping tabs on the constant flow of cues. Doing it explicitly and actively in social situations is exhausting - a situation with three people has 6 unique connections, four has 16, five 25 and so on (network with n nodes has n^2 connections) and people can have multiple conversations going on at the same time with subgroups, individuals and the whole group. Knowing where to focus and who to follow and when (filter in) is difficult when you have to pay explicit attention to things, also knowing what not to pay attention to (filter out) is a problem in and of itself. Add self-observation and management to that, and you'll get an inkling of the requirements of social interaction for me. There are of course optimization and other strategies that make the situations easier to follow, especially with the decades of experience I have, but it's still not nowhere near as easy and comfortable as it is for regular humans.

But I digress, please disperse, nothing to see here, carry on.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2

I know AE aren’t as elusive as their Scottish label mates, but I don’t recall many video interviews with them, just a few snippets maybe. So to just go live on the internet for a fair few hours and constantly knock the ball out of the park by being wise, witty, entertaining, insightful, was an amazing job done. Sean is a true legend  ? 

(we are not worthy ?)

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 4
  • Big Brain 1