IGNORED

Twitch AMA

NewSchoolScience

I really love how they're always trying to dispell this myth of them making "cold, methodical" music using "extremely complex" software and 'ardware setups. This AMA is another great example of that. Listening to Sean, it's obvious that they're just two very curious and creative blokes, who use pretty basic techniques to great effect.

Really looking forward to further streams, particularly the live max-patching stream that Sean hinted at. That would be an amazing peek behind the curtains.

• Like 5

At the end of the day: you cant fake imagination, work ethic, passion and curiosity.

The set-up might help or be detrimental but you can never fake those qualities.

The two have all those things at such a high level.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 6
  • Burger 1

it's nice he reads out the questions but does anyone have a transcript of the whole twitch chat, would love to look at the reactions to the answers as they happened. i know i can still watch the VODs and see it scroll by but if anyone's got a static copy it would be nice. or maybe i'll try to get it if no one has yet...

9 minutes ago, Polymershapes said:

it's nice he reads out the questions but does anyone have a transcript of the whole twitch chat, would love to look at the reactions to the answers as they happened. i know i can still watch the VODs and see it scroll by but if anyone's got a static copy it would be nice. or maybe i'll try to get it if no one has yet...

https://github.com/lay295/TwitchDownloader

well if anyone needs it, this works

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Polymershapes said:

you can render video of the json

?

or someone could open the json in max and make some sonification patch of the chat. 

or ... 

Edited by ignatius

Sean always shits on traditional music composing, he even said Trackers are fascist bullshit lol

You are cool and all that Sean but everyone doesn't have your brain

It's not even worth to have an account on some strange Gaming site for kids just to see Ae upload a hand full of clips every year. 

But it was good to hear him doing well. 

cool to see aphex open up and autechre open up more and connect more directly with fans. Hope BoC does at some point too. I generally liked most of his opinions on things except for wisp being knockoff aphex, wisp sounds nothing like aphex IMO but also thats sort of the genre I make music in so maybe I'm being too sensitive.

• Like 2

Guys the youtube upload has auto generated subtitles and they're completely insanely accurate like wow. i feel like they changed something because they weren't this accurate even a year ago AFAIK

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

I wonder if Rob would ever do one of these too? Rob pls

rob, spaces how v, thanks. also, how to sunvox? and did you get the dirtywave M8?  

i think twitch would look something like this though:

Spoiler

pls have your kids tell uncle sean to see morbius. 

• Haha 3
  • Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, AnwarAutokino said:

has anyone found the 808 in elseq yet? I'm not hearing it anywhere.

it could be just spaces how v rhythmic stuff

Edited by kausto

17 hours ago, coax said:

Guys the youtube upload has auto generated subtitles and they're completely insanely accurate like wow. i feel like they changed something because they weren't this accurate even a year ago AFAIK

You can export the subtitles to txt: https://downsub.com/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

did no one ask about opensourcing a version of the rig?

i THINK (not 100% sure) he mentioned he would maybe release it when they are through using it? the condition to releasing any rig or set up material was that they werent using it anymore, something like that.

someone correct me if im wrong

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 2