IGNORED

Twitch AMA

NewSchoolScience

It's so interesting and funny that he's laying out who did what in quite a few places. It seems like yesterday that he said "We never say who does what!" in some interview. I like that insight

1 hour ago, mTesc said:

It's so interesting and funny that he's laying out who did what in quite a few places. It seems like yesterday that he said "We never say who does what!" in some interview. I like that insight

"i don't know. ask rob. he did that one."

there's some interesting technical bits in some of this stuff. talking about built in eq curves in the compressors he's made in MSP. bump at 3k and 6k sometimes variable with a knob.  that kind of stuff is fascinating but i don't know why. i assumed they have built all their things exactly how they want over the years. gotta respect the work and the detail and ruthlessness on mission. 

• Like 2

watched most of this while cleaning out the apartment yesterday. solid day. it's always nice when someone you respect seems to be a cool, relatable person.
also, as someone who recently got an autism diagnosis, it also is nice to hear him speak about that (but lets be honest, I bet 1 out of 3 nerds here also fall into the same category ahah).

what would be even cooler is if rob would join at the same time and they do a bit of beatboxing for us. i believe a loyal fanbase deserves at least this much.

• Like 3

Fucking Rob made Bladelores what a master mind 

People want to know the best VST, best gear and secret sauce in everything!

Sean: max, max max 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, mTesc said:

it seems yesterday that Autechre - for me - was that obscure entity to the point that I didn't even feel the need to know names and faces of those behind it, and now there is this genuinely communicative and demystifying man who, were it not for my fucking linguistic limitation , it could easily be one of the fellas I ordinarily see here. Without my realizing it, the perception i have of ae has radically changed in years, and their work, in any case, continues to be the most fascinating and adventurous thing I ever know

• Like 4

Before I was thinking Sean was one of the cocky guys, little bit of the "I know how to do it best" attitude but yesterday I changed my mind. 
Very down to earth and kind, open minded and respectful. 

Seriously nice of Sean to do this!

Hope he can grab some cash by Twitch after this 

• Like 5

Yeah for some reason I was under the impression that Sean was supposed to be a bit tricky, and a bit hard to get along with. I don’t see any evidence of that at all. But then when you get older the whole landscape (hopefully) mellows out. I mean once upon a time for decades I use to ask people, who I didn’t know, what music they listened to and I would instantly judge wether you were a waste of space and a waste of my time or not. Hah! True story. Now I couldn’t care less. 

Glad to see I’m not the only one who can’t stand K Lamar. And his Jay Z response would be similar to mine.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

his take on Kate Bush being way more punk than "all those other cunts" (referring to the likes of Sex Pistols etc. I presume) was great. Would also love to hear that dream collab between him and Kate he talks about. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, casual helipad said:

So Rob is a mouse guy, while Sean is a trackpad guy. Good we got that detail covered. 

(I agree with Rob btw. Using a mouse beats trackpad fiddling by a long shot.)

interesting he said when playing live he mostly uses the keys for things and doesn't mess w/the track pad. uses the kenton killamix. "can't do 2 things at once w/the track pad"

so, i guess the kb is an input device in the system. 

I was the one who was asking if they played a remix of Surripere live when Sean answered "No, I dont know which part you referring to"

Here is the track I was referring to, listen 4:14 and on, Is it just me? That sound reminds me alot of the second part of Surripere. 

He said Rob can do some breakdancing, right? Fucking hell, imagine writing an electro track so good that it'd get Rob to get down and boogie.

2 hours ago, cern said:

I was the one who was asking if they played a remix of Surripere live when Sean answered "No, I dont know which part you referring to"

Here is the track I was referring to, listen 4:14 and on, Is it just me? That sound reminds me alot of the second part of Surripere.

that robotic voice / bassline, yeah? Indeed it sounds like the one from surripere

• Like 1