IGNORED

Twitch AMA

NewSchoolScience

9 hours ago, cern said:

Sounds like the real part huge!

I'm glad that Sean talked about it, when mr Franz uploaded the video the reception was a bit cold, as if no one had really noticed the epic deed that is taking place in that minute. I have never seen a traditional instrument enter so radically into an "inhuman" logic. He managed to overshadow cfern by alarm will sound with just two hands

Sounds like he's familiar with 4chan, more than I ever was. He said 2009 is basically when things really started to go south, with the alt-right/proto-Trumpers/neo-Nazis co-opting it. Obama was also inaugurated in January of that year, so...

Edited by ambermonke
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

Sounds like he's familiar with 4chan, more than I ever was. He said 2009 is basically when things really started to go south, with the alt-right/proto-Trumpers/neo-Nazis co-opting it. Obama was also inaugurated in January of that year, so...

He also mentioned being on Reddit daily subs "Spamming pictures" lol 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cern said:

He also mentioned being on Reddit daily subs "Spamming pictures" lol 

i think Dall-E subs.. the AI photo subs... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boxus said:

Just a minor thing but it was cool to hear he's a fan of Bojack Horseman, I love that show so much.

really? lol

at what minute did he say this?

Lol it feels like Sean dropping 2-3 random names every minute, I can't keep it up there.. 

I want to know more about that Paul guy who was Mixing Dub plates and split the stereo signals thru a 4 channel mixer set with certain frequencies and instruments sets on each channel groovy mixing 

I miss to see stuff like that 

5 hours ago, cern said:

Lol it feels like Sean dropping 2-3 random names every minute, I can't keep it up there.. 

I want to know more about that Paul guy who was Mixing Dub plates and split the stereo signals thru a 4 channel mixer set with certain frequencies and instruments sets on each channel groovy mixing 

I miss to see stuff like that 

Could be Paul Nicholson? The guy who created the aphex logo and danced on stage at his live shows.

Edit: just read his ama again and it's definitely not him

Edited by vkxwz
  • Like 1

annoying people going on asking about Villalobos, stop that shit please. 

Even compare that garbage to Basic Channel? Made me throw up little bit in my mouth. 
He gonna turn on that green album and when that horrible voice "Eaaaasy Leeee" coming he gonna turn it off 

Otherwise I think people had very nice questions for him! 

• Like 1

Not to delve into the man's psyche to much but found it interesting how he discussed using music as a way to make friends when he was at school. Wonder how much of that has influenced their style and driven his search for novelty.  

17 hours ago, cern said:

annoying people going on asking about Villalobos, stop that shit please. 

Even compare that garbage to Basic Channel? Made me throw up little bit in my mouth. 
He gonna turn on that green album and when that horrible voice "Eaaaasy Leeee" coming he gonna turn it off 

Otherwise I think people had very nice questions for him! 

cGc.jpeg

• Haha 2

Dunno who that is. Don't really care either.

Anyway, I liked the bit where Sean was like "You're grandma worked at Kurzweil? I like that. That's better than 'my dad worked at Nintendo.'"

Also his response to the question "Where do you get your ideas from?" "Fuck off."

• Like 2

I was surprised to hear Sean pronounce bladelores as blade-ellorres, or bla-dolores the same way the Gonkcast dudes say it. I always thought it was blade laws. 

Also how cool is it that David Lynch contacted them re performing for the David Lynch Foundation. Apparently covid put the koybash on it, but fingers crossed something could still come of that in the future! 

15 hours ago, ooqpoo said:

I was surprised to hear Sean pronounce bladelores as blade-ellorres, or bla-dolores the same way the Gonkcast dudes say it. I always thought it was blade laws. 

Also how cool is it that David Lynch contacted them re performing for the David Lynch Foundation. Apparently covid put the koybash on it, but fingers crossed something could still come of that in the future! 

would be nice if sean did a two hour session of pronouncing all the track titles in order by release date/track order

• Like 1
  • Haha 4