IGNORED

Twitch AMA

NewSchoolScience

1 minute ago, Satans Little Helper said:

Sean posting at watmm again! :catsalute:

Sean, please name for my laptop! ?

I don’t do that any more but ok yeah it’s called Bod

and really this is my last post ITT cos I got shit to do ?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

It was a great AMA.

I liked learning about Parhelic Triangle and the gamelan adventures.
I hope the Grace Jones remix thing happens.

Edited by Lianne
  • Like 1

Sean is so cool that he doesn't even wear that electronic control helmet with that silly robot glove controlling MAX/MSP like all the Instagram people do for the Insta-Trend!

It so aweful please Sean save us! They can't even make something cool with jitter but gets 1000+ likes ?

On 8/11/2022 at 7:29 PM, Sean Ae said:

sometimes knowing nothing is better than half a story, which is the main reason we hardly ever go into this stuff - the speculation is worse than a total lack of info.. so at the risk of kicking off a lot of further questions (which i will obviously refuse to answer) -

rob did the mpc bits of perlence and i did all the machinedrum/monomachine bits (you can figure out which are which). losid was me, and subrange 6-36 was me (literally just some of my parts slowed down).

pro radii was about 50/50, rob did the start and i did the end (the start is the best bit obviously).

on most tracks from that period as a general rule all the mpc bits were rob and the md/mm bits were me, with a few exceptions.

This will be my final post on this topic, no further questions pl0x, i'm off to eat, have fun

Sean u should have trolled us all, whenever someone asked "how did this thing was made" u should have said "idk that was rob" for everything, opportunity missed

• Like 1

I could probably coax Rob on here but he's real busy, and I don't think he'd enjoy it as much as me. He'd probably look at a lot of these questions and think 'Oh fuck off'

Hah Sean delivers that like comedy gold. Very funny.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, beerwolf said:

He'd probably look at a lot of these questions and think 'Oh fuck off'

Lol that's pretty fair :duckhunt:

Still hope Rob will do one tho! We're getting to know Sean so well that Rob is starting to seem a little mysterious in comparison

He probably knows he will be inundated with questions about Spaces How V and Bladelores

• Like 1

I would now really like one to do one too. I actually think the last one did well for them too (not that Sean did it for that reason) - surely the Nintendo / NME articles will bring some fresh interest in. ? 

Mofo:

"Older ae tracks had more timbre and tonal variety because they came from various sources but Last MaxMSP Releases feels coming from the same fabric"

Sean:

"Yeah that's interesting because I don't think you will be available to identify which tracks we using hardware"

Mofo:

"Dosen't that concern you?"

Sean:

"Doesn't that concern you? IS THAT REALLY YOU WANNA ASKING ME?" ?

This have me cracking all the time!

8 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Agree, that Rob is currently riding on the same  intrigue/mystery level as BOC ? 

I think they all have kids so have another layer of “busy” to their lives. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ignatius said:

I think they all have kids so have another layer of “busy” to their lives. 

And no doubt mildly grumpy ?

Fuck making tunes/twitch I’d rather have a snooze

Edited by beerwolf

3 hours ago, beerwolf said:

And no doubt mildly grumpy ?

Fuck making tunes/twitch I’d rather have a snooze

one of the Ae interviews from exai era i think, Rob says something about how "it's weird to sometimes spend more time w/a drum machine than w/your family".. so, thanks for all the mpc bits, rob, and and all of it. 

hoping the work life balance is good these days. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

I wonder if warp is going to assassinate that dude from autechre for talking this much.

they're doing vinyl releases of the audio from the ama streams and apparently a graphic novel

• Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1