IGNORED

Twitch AMA

NewSchoolScience

15 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

I wonder if warp is going to assassinate that dude from autechre for talking this much.

Lol. He lives in the back woods of Norway with squirrels, badgers and trolls. Probably needs a chat with the lads. 

Edited by beerwolf

On 8/11/2022 at 8:02 PM, xox said:

To bad we’ll never know who made subrange 6-36! ; _ ;

Wait, what - it's just a few posts up ....

On 8/11/2022 at 6:29 PM, Sean Ae said:

subrange 6-36 was me (literally just some of my parts slowed down).

Or are you doing the memes and the internetlols ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Wait, what - it's just a few posts up ....

Or are you doing the memes and the internetlols ?

Yeah, too bad we’ll never know who made subrange 6-36! ; _ ;

• Sad 1

I actually did second bad vilbel. well, at least the noise blast. done in eps16+ with all the waveboy discs in there at once (can’t remember how I achieved that). 

the rest of the track was done by sean (beats) and rob (emotional stuff) and I just threw the noise over everything to be edgey

Edited by Alcofribas
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, Alcofribas said:

I actually did second bad vilbel. well, at least the noise blast. done in eps16+ with all the waveboy discs in there at once (can’t remember how I achieved that). 

the rest of the track was done by sean (beats) and rob (emotional stuff) and I just threw the noise over everything to be edgey

Your part is the best by far! 

16 minutes ago, xox said:

Your part is the best by far! 

Yeah I agree. The idea was what if we start the record with an intense fucked up noise like PPPBBBFFFFFFFFFFFFT!”

a kind of “fuckery” that would be “mental” to the audience

1 hour ago, Alcofribas said:

Yeah I agree. The idea was what if we start the record with an intense fucked up noise like PPPBBBFFFFFFFFFFFFT!”

a kind of “fuckery” that would be “mental” to the audience

It’s funny how simple (but genius) things like that can make fans happy for years! And it happens every time; you simply never fail!
Thnx maan! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream last night in which æ's bleepstore was filled with new (old) stuff. All kinds of remixes and one-offs, and an unknown liveset from 2009. I started playing the set, only to come to the realisation it was just a dream...

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

• 2 months later...

There's a bit here where Sean is asked if some part of OneSix is a remix of Lera (I think), and he responds that it is but that it is also a remix of one of the pieces from Warp Tapes. Does anyone know which part of OneSix this is? And Which part of Warp Tapes. Does this also mean that Lera is a mutation of something that appeared on Warp Tapes?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, mTesc said:

There's a bit here where Sean is asked if some part of OneSix is a remix of Lera (I think), and he responds that it is but that it is also a remix of one of the pieces from Warp Tapes. Does anyone know which part of OneSix this is? And Which part of Warp Tapes. Does this also mean that Lera is a mutation of something that appeared on Warp Tapes?

I’m pretty sure he says Leterel 

• Like 3

Yeah leterel (other track is called iera btw not Lera) and I think this is just referring to the A maj -> A min alternating chords thing, not really a "remix" imo just a chord movement they seem to like (also see fermium, 6ie.cr). In the case of onesix it's the big dramatic chords near the end of the set

Dunno about warp tapes, I've never given it much of a listen :blush:

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

Yeah leterel (other track is called iera btw not Lera) and I think this is just referring to the A maj -> A min alternating chords thing, not really a "remix" imo just a chord movement they seem to like (also see fermium, 6ie.cr). In the case of onesix it's the big dramatic chords near the end of the set

Oh yes, ok. That makes more sense. Yeah, those chords are almost like a character that shows up here and there in ae's world. T ess xi seems like the most obvious reprise to me, but for sure.

On 10/30/2022 at 10:43 PM, toaoaoad said:

He could be talking about the track that comes in at 23:30 in part 2 of the Warp Tapes?

Sounds like an early version of the track that comes in at 5mins in the Quirky gig (a personal favourite)?

Edited by NewSchoolScience
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Was it mentioned in these that the 2011 rerelease of Lego Feet was reconstruction, a recreated master mix from the old tapes and DATs? Or did I imagine that? I guess I could listen again to all 47 hours of these AMAs to find out. 

Edited by monoppus
clarity

Found it! around 01:25:00 in the first Twitch AMA from June 5th 2022 Sean talks about The Warp Tapes and mentions that he and Rob had to "..rebuild the Lego Feet thing..." for the 2011 reissue. Thought it was an interesting and undiscussed bit of info.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
1 minute ago, cern said:

Who is this artist Sean likes to listen to? he say "Henry Cowbinge" but I can not find any person at all by that name? 

Henry Cow. 

i thought he was saying henry cowl but it's henry cow. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Cow

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

Henry Cow. 

i thought he was saying henry cowl but it's henry cow. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Cow

Never understood that side of Ae liking a lot of the wild experimental screaming hard rock metal stuff. I can't stand it a minute but it is all about taste I guess. 

9 hours ago, cern said:

Never understood that side of Ae liking a lot of the wild experimental screaming hard rock metal stuff

I think it's really useful to listen to music that's wildly different from the music you're making. Strangely you can still be inspired by it - in ways that aren't externally obvious of course, more just the pathways of the brain forging unexpected connections. Or just as a palate cleanser

• Like 3
  • Burger 1

On 9/6/2023 at 8:04 PM, cern said:

Never understood that side of Ae liking a lot of the wild experimental screaming hard rock metal stuff. I can't stand it a minute but it is all about taste I guess. 

I may have missed something, so disregard if so, but Henry Cow are not in any way hard rock or metal.  Their stuff is superb, especially their first album and the live album with Robert Wyatt.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...