IGNORED

Twitch AMA

NewSchoolScience

1 hour ago, thefxbip said:

Rarely have seen such powerful and concentrated dad disapproval energy. Absolutely ruthless SMH.

Merciless 'techre stare of death.

Lol, i would like to know how he thrashed it. Can you provide a link, or sum it up, please?

5 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

Lol, i would like to know how he thrashed it. Can you provide a link, or sum it up, please?

I was sat on the toilet with the door open at the time, and when he read out "what did you think of Blade Runner 2049" it then went silent for a full 30secs and I shouted to my gf "did the stream fuck up again?"

her reply: "no, he's just not saying anything and shaking his head slowly"

• Haha 11

3 hours ago, gnarlybog said:

man, blade runner 2049 was dealt a truly crushing blow by sean.
i imagined Denis Villeneuve clutching a kitchen counter to stabilise himself from the karmic damage. 

Probably the only thing that Sean's ever been wrong about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

IMO 2049 was okay/good until Hardly gives a Fuck shows up and drags himself lazily from scene to scene unsure of why he's there or if they're even filming, at which point I wished I'd not blindly purchased the bluray

• Like 1

BR2049>Lorenzo Senni, at least.

Fucking hell, another 6 months min til soundboards... On the other hand Berlin date seems likely. :3

Also lol when he refused to state which rapper he'd like to work with, because they all seem to get busted for some kinda abuse at some point.

Think i'll give Inland Empire another try tho. Didn't leave much of an impression the first time.

59 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

I was sat on the toilet with the door open at the time, and when he read out "what did you think of Blade Runner 2049" it then went silent for a full 30secs and I shouted to my gf "did the stream fuck up again?"

her reply: "no, he's just not saying anything and shaking his head slowly"

lmao he turned to stone there

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Iwanttobefree said:

He said it feels weird to do an album then it comes out like a year later and then they have to talk about it, while they are so over it.

sean has been saying this since like 1995

i like elder philosopher sean but i miss autechre's bad boy sean : (

• Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1

18 minutes ago, jaderpansen said:

BR2049>Lorenzo Senni, at least.

Fucking hell, another 6 months min til soundboards... On the other hand Berlin date seems likely. :3

Also lol when he refused to state which rapper he'd like to work with, because they all seem to get busted for some kinda abuse at some point.

Think i'll give Inland Empire another try tho. Didn't leave much of an impression the first time.

chatmm was roasting me saying the stream was just 5hr hello spiral confirmation bias stream, over stuff like Inland Empire and anti-gear etc

But he trashed the ending of Lost and BR2049

Always been of the opinion BR2049 > OG BR (don't @ me) 

44 minutes ago, Satans Little Helper said:

He also didn't like Squarepushers Pastorius inspired tracks!  Wrong...

everyone knows Go Plastic is top []pusher 

:cisfor:

Spoiler

but really it's all top except for a couple releases imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hello spiral said:

chatmm was roasting me saying the stream was just 5hr hello spiral confirmation bias stream, over stuff like Inland Empire and anti-gear etc

But he trashed the ending of Lost and BR2049

Always been of the opinion BR2049 > OG BR (don't @ me) 

rating 49 over 19 is one thing but the ending of lost? rly??!

29 minutes ago, siisx said:

Would be nice to bring together all the artists or labels he mentions. At some point he talks about a label called "Trust". I assume it's this one https://www.discogs.com/label/6898-TRUST. Can anyone confirm?

Yeah and the producers he mentioned from there are Microthol, I'm sure

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

i like elder philosopher sean but i miss autechre's bad boy sean : (

feeling humbled gathering round papa sean as he smokes his vape and tells us stories

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, siisx said:

Would be nice to bring together all the artists or labels he mentions. At some point he talks about a label called "Trust". I assume it's this one https://www.discogs.com/label/6898-TRUST. Can anyone confirm?

He mentioned Portal a few times and also Baring Teeth (He played tracks from both bands during one of the mixlr thing in spring 2020)

• Thanks 1

I like his answer to the early question about hyperpop, where he talks about genres being a cheap way of identifying music but sort of a necessary evil for artists to successfully carve out a space, and compares it to their experience being lumped into IDM

• Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 12:20 AM, Iwanttobefree said:

Some bits of info for the lazy cunts:

- They fucked up the Primavera recording, so not sure if that will come out but they will release some probably in 2023, at the very least they would do a proper studio recording of the set and put that out.

if I understand: the recording of the Primavera is fucked up, so, probably, they will publish the next sets, while the Primavera one will be reconstructed in studio?
If so, it could mean that every single set will be very different from the others, and that for each one they have already studied a structure, to the point that not publishing one of the sets (in this case the Primavera) would mean losing an abundant part of work, not present elsewhere.

- They have about 3.5 hours worth of material for this set, so it will likely change between dates. (They had too much time to work on it since covid)

Nobody would have been offended if, for this time, after two years of world nightmare, they had prepared a two-hour live instead of the traditional rigidity of just one hour.
Autechre pls

- Sean is a bit tired atm about the whole album concept and is a loads more into live things. He said it feels weird to do an album then it comes out like a year later and then they have to talk about it, while they are so over it.

The soundboard of a live, as far as I'm concerned, has the same weight as an album

- They have soundboards of Oversteps Live and it might see a light of day sometime.

wtff ... so they have it!!!!!!! ... 12 years have passed, and with chronometric obsession, those soundboards are claimed with endless pls petitions.
Why they are not already on AE_STORE is something beyond my understanding: they would be immediately bought, and I would have a babelic spontaneous release of serotonin, that would make me a better person. If not for me, do it for those poor who have to live close to me

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Draft78 said:

if I understand: the recording of the Primavera is fucked up, so, probably, they will publish the next sets, while the Primavera one will be reconstructed in studio?
If so, it could mean that every single set will be very different from the others, and that for each one they have already studied a structure, to the point that not publishing one of the sets (in this case the Primavera) would mean losing an abundant part of work, not present elsewhere.

No I think he meant that Primavera is fucked up so there is a chance that it wont come out, but as usual they will try to record the others. If the others would fail as well they would do a proper studio recording at home of the set and put that one out.

• Thanks 1