IGNORED

How should we name it now?

Psychotronic

On 6/13/2022 at 8:59 AM, Psychotronic said:

Yes.  Pitchfork are a bunch of prats who are resentful they never quite 'got' IDM, (regardless of whether anyone likes the term), yet they feel compelled to tell us every now and again what their learned minds think of the genre.  >ignore<

• Like 1

Anyone in the IDM scene knows IDM is a dumb name. It mostly used ironically in a non-serious way or as a hieroglyphic appellation it seems to me.

I must say i never get tired of the myriad of various jokes on the IDM acronym. It's still just the best. The Intelligent dance music name is so self-serious you just have to mock it.

Innuendo Dad Music.

• Like 3

Anything nerdy loved by nerdy people tho, anything that is loved beyond what is the hype at the moment by enough nerdy people, whether it is considered sexy or not, cool or not, if there is enough nerds that love it, it will live forever.

The hype trains usually dont have enough nerds backing its why they die quick hahaha

Nerds have loyalty.

Its the secret strength of the IDMz.

Dwelving in thy basement, in thy bedroom, keeping the IDMz alive.

The power of the Nerd.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 2

Found this categorization in a comment for a Trailer Park Boys youtube video

My brother and I literally categorise music as Ricky music or Bubbles music. It's not even just rock music, if Tiesto is Ricky music then Aphex Twin is Bubbles music.

• 3 weeks later...

The Finland's biggest newspaper deabbreviated IDM as "intellectual dance music" and it's somehow even worse, lol.

Otherwise the article is mostly about SAW 1 and a few paragraphs generally on AFX (the usual bank vault and tank shit) and some other releases.

• Haha 1