IGNORED

Glastonbury 2022

beerwolf

Pretty sure we usually have a Glastonbury thread most years, so here we are!

Here's a run down of the main artists and stages

https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/ej34mb/performances

I'll probably check out Squid, The Jesus & Mary Chain, black midi and Four Tet but there's plenty of others that I'll tune into and explore over the weekend with a pint of icy lemonade and vodka. 

So fellow music druid please pitch your tent, put on your finest robe and chat Glastonbury here ?

Edited by beerwolf

8 hours ago, timmy otoole said:

i might watch 80 yr old macca crank out the same set hes been doing for the past 30 years finished by a rousing rendition of hey jude 

Oddly enough, seeing as I’m not a big Beatles fan, and a Macca fan even less. I was thinking of watching him. I was hoping he was gonna do a 25 minute feed back drenched version of Helter Skelter to a backdrop of Manson Family footage but I guess that’s not gonna happen flol. If I never hear Hey Jude ever again in my life I’ll be a happy man.

Edited by beerwolf

IDLES hit the bullseye (with an Exocet missile) I always thought they were a bit average from the tunes I heard on the radio. Wrong. The third track they played from the end with the marching drums and droning guitars was fucking amazing. 

St Vincent has a few tracks I’ve liked, but again wasn’t expecting much. Unexpectedly I’m watching her whole set. There’s a Windowlicker looking dude on bass!

Edited by beerwolf

9 hours ago, timmy otoole said:

watchin a bit of billie eilish set for some reason.........i dont understand it i think im too old ? or maybe its just kinda rubbish ????

I also watched a bit of it. I’m of the same opinion. Just seems like teenybopper music with a grungy edge to it. Maybe it’s an age thing  ‘cause I don’t understand the fuss either ?

Edited by beerwolf

2 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Very underwhelmed by Eilish. I just don't get it. 

What I saw of Four Tet was good

Loved Supergrass though. Greatest hits set, very tight band and Gaz sounding great.

it’s music for teenage girls

2 minutes ago, timmy otoole said:

yeah four tet was  cool i caught most of that too .. might see if supergrass is on the iplayer used to love their 1st album back in the day. 

Yes it's on there, I watched it all this morning. 

• Like 1

Not much on today that I’m mega in to. Watched a bit of black midi which was okay. Squid are on later, as they’re on Warp I’ll check them out. Avalanches, Caribou and Jamie T I’ll check out. Main Stage and Other Stage seem like a complete fucking write off. Pretty sure if I was at Glasto today I’d just be roaming about doing other stuff. Like drinking, doing drugs and jibbering like a chimp and getting in a diabolical mess and maybe crawling on my hands and knees to see The Avalanches  ? ? ✨

Edited by beerwolf

? = ?

Listened to their record once lol. Wasn’t into the vocals much. Live, much more interesting. Probably be really into it if I was there. Got a big crowd as well.

Edited by beerwolf