IGNORED

Glastonbury 2022

beerwolf

Tonight I watched Roisin Murphy, what a queen. Seen her live a couple of times and she never disappoints, actually reckon she just keeps getting better with age. Her band are the total jam 

8 hours ago, timmy otoole said:

trudged thru the Macc attack no big surprises brought out dave from nirvana and the Boss which was......nice? all in all a solid 4 our of 10 

Yeah I watched a bit of that, it was as expected which is fine I guess. He did well for an 80 year and I kept worrying that he might die. Also near the end he was sniffing a lot and I kept looking to see if he had burst a vessel. 

Actually live and let die was pretty cool. Hope Billie Eilish was watching, can anyone remember her bond theme?

Afternoon all 

Just catching up from yesterday with Roisin Murphy’s set. Always been aware of her but never really listened. But every time I hear a record of hers it’s always great. 

Nothing much today that really screams out at me. So I’ll be just browsing and see what goes on. Yesterday really surprised me. Squid, Avalanches and Megan were on fire, and represented completely different vibes. A great day of music (and drinking in the garden :beer:)

Edited by beerwolf

Never a jazz fan. But Herbie Hancock and the crowd in the sunshine looks and sounds fantastic ? 

Wish I was there….

Edited by beerwolf

5 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Yeah I watched a bit of that, it was as expected which is fine I guess. He did well for an 80 year and I kept worrying that he might die. Also near the end he was sniffing a lot and I kept looking to see if he had burst a vessel. 

Actually live and let die was pretty cool. Hope Billie Eilish was watching, can anyone remember her bond theme?

haha yeah i guess i watched it on the basis that surely ina few years we wont be seeing paul no more but still it was a pretty mediocre show i thought. even the crowd didnt seem that into it .altho  I actually kinda enjoyed when dave paul and bruce were trading guitar licks on The End it was cheesey but fun. watching a bit of herbie hancock now which seems p nice in comparison

Fontaines DC suck. Amyl And The Sniffers are even much, much more fucking worse. Total embarrassing derivative horseshit. Glasto buzz is fading….

I read a bunch of complaints on Reddit about how poor the crowd control was this year.  They sold an extra 25k tickets, and with the relatively poor / unfocused lineup it meant people were walking around a lot more between stages.  Getting around Arcadia at night has been a shambles apparently.  Also I read the new Glade Stage sound system is poor compared to previous years which is a real shame because its spec'd and tuned by the guy who runs Funktion 1.

Ah well, 2 weeks until I hit Leicester for the tiny in comparison Noisily Festival.  About 5000 people I think? 3 big stages, 2 small ones, and a load of daytime workshops.  Psy trance, techno, dub and funk.  4 days and nights in some secluded woodland where I can forget about everything else going on in the world.  It has pretty much now established itself as the logical successor to the Glade Festival (RIP) but without the electronica/overkill/hardcore tent, which is a real pity, but hey.  It's not trying to copy Glade.  Cannot wait!

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

caught a load of it on the telly last weekend.

personal highlight was the avalanches, would've loved another hour of that. seemed like the perfect weather/setting for it too!

yves tumor was decent, always thought his (recent) music was pretty anthemic so no surprise it translates well to a large festival crowd.

also enjoyed metronomy's set, despite the fact that i barely knew any of their stuff going into it. fun songs, good live band.

• Like 1