IGNORED

Demdike Stare - Physics

fumi

Proper banger, this one.

DDS055_Cover.jpg

'Physics’ now drills deep into Demdike's memory banks and record collection for a ravenous reflux of the OG style, benefitting from razor-sharp edits and judicious FX to present the style (almost) as you would have got it in a cavernous warehouse surrounded by thousands of spring-heeled gurners. The mix shells pure stacks of badness, toggling the pressure gauge between toe-tip steppers, soulboy glyde and ballistic bruk outs with darkside switch-ups that leave nobody still on the ‘floor. 

While 30 years removed from that pivotal time, ‘Physics’ perfectly captures the frenetic energy of hardcore jungle for those who know, and those who’re about to find out, distilling its compound symbiosis of technological innovation and narcotic nuttiness at its most deadly effective, playful and game-changing best.

https://boomkat.com/products/physics-85064cba-8372-4a57-a1fc-9c09c3f8892f

• Like 5

Personally I am the arch enemy of flawed technology, especially the one which I used in my childhood and which we dreamt of overcoming. Dream came true. Music even transferred through the air, we didn't even dream that. 

And today they sell cassettes and vinyl, serving hipster wet dreams of exclusivity. They aren't exclusive. Just human beings who shit and die. 

Nah, I'm all for the Bandcamp model. Publish 24b/96k audio even, if possible.

You can hate me now.

Yours,

Wurst of Love

• Like 1

1 hour ago, species8472 said:

i think the only real complaint here is you can’t even buy the digis without buying the physical media. 

ha yeah i just nabbed it from a place where these sorts of things exist. Demdike/Boomkat want it to get around like that. begging to pay them for something they're roundabout telling us to go download for free (remember everyone, this is just a fuckin' mixtape) is pretty silly.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite interested in this, Demdike Stare are dons and I love me some old school jungle

On 8/8/2022 at 9:52 PM, splesh said:

Quite interested in this, Demdike Stare are dons and I love me some old school jungle

Yeah I'm a sucker for this type of thing too (not the cassette mind, but the music yeah), and have been caning it out the whip steadily for more than a minute.  It's definitely not "just a mixtape" but a well crafted collage of samples from that era, and the dudes apply their ample subterreanean dubchamber chops to it wonderfully (end of Side A is str8 ?).

Reminds me a lot of that HATE mix thing they did a couple of years back, which was also a tape only affair (IIRC I ripped it in 128kbps glory off of soundclown).  Love DDS (Wonderland was a lowkey insta-classic), but the whole boomkat ecosystem is a weird hot mess I want no part of.

On 7/30/2022 at 2:05 AM, WurstPLUS said:

Personally I am the arch enemy of flawed technology, especially the one which I used in my childhood and which we dreamt of overcoming. Dream came true. Music even transferred through the air, we didn't even dream that. 

And today they sell cassettes and vinyl, serving hipster wet dreams of exclusivity. They aren't exclusive. Just human beings who shit and die.

I resonate with this hard

• Like 2