IGNORED

Brian Eno - FOREVERANDEVERNOMORE - Oct 14th

gnarlybog

Music for Chakras 

edit: i don't think it sounds bad. i can see someone not liking the sound of his voice but he sticks to a pretty tight range. i'm kinda indifferent on it. wouldn't mind hearing an instrumental version though. 

Edited by ignatius

• 4 weeks later...

Other than the accordion part I really like 'There Were Bells' posted above; Dead Can Dance vibes. Enjoying the traditional/folk vibes with the impressionistic doomy lyrics, and I feel like his vocal tone has actually improved with age; he sounds great!

On 7/28/2022 at 12:22 PM, fumi said:

Long, long-time Eno fan but that sounds awful.

What don't you like about it?

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2022 at 3:02 AM, Goiter Sanchez said:

Y'all are gonna looooooove this one if you enjoyed the previous one ?

That is absolute shite. The man is becoming an embarrasment.

When you check out the decades of superb work, then I think he should quit now if this is the best he can do.

It's a bit New Age-y isn't it? I think the man is a genius but do not vibe with his aesthetic choices much. One of the worst covers of all time:
spacer.png
If a kazoo sound looked like an image it would be this. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

First listen through this. I can see why some wouldn’t like his vox but he’s still creating great textures, and I guess the vox fit in as a textural layer (while sing-talking about the end of the world?).

Definitely worth a few listens. 

That 2 track EP he did with Kevin Shields was top tier Eno. Amazing stuff. His music has always been extremely patchy anyway (imo)

Strangely enough I had a first listen to the first album he did with WARP the other day. Thought that was pretty terrible as well. The work he did with Karl Hyde has some high points though. Always a mixed bag with Mr Eno. Swings and roundabouts.

Edited by beerwolf