IGNORED

Autechre as approachable dudes

DyeMyBlueBlack

25 minutes ago, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

People talk about how Rob, Sean, and Richard are inaccesible

Devine is inaccessible to the point that for 37 years he has refused to appear in the credits

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

Dunno if you'd just walk up to them on the street and get a good reaction, but I met the lads a few times back in the day and found Rob and Sean to be super nice and easy going. Rich I only briefly met twice, but he seemed really nice as well. Tom Jenkinson was a total cunt and cylob got really leery after a few drinks.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Met Sean and Rob back in 2015, very nice. Chatted outside after their gig and let me take a picture with them.

Met Chris Clark after his gig and he asked me if I knew anywhere to find coke

• Like 4
  • Big Brain 2

58 minutes ago, droid said:

Dunno if you'd just walk up to them on the street and get a good reaction, but I met the lads a few times back in the day and found Rob and Sean to be super nice and easy going. Rich I only briefly met twice, but he seemed really nice as well. Tom Jenkinson was a total cunt and cylob got really leery after a few drinks.

I had a brief interaction with Richard after a show once (long long ago) and he was quiet but definitely seemed nice. 
That sucks to hear that about TJ. I hung out with his little bro Andy at a gig for a good long while and he was rad as hell. Super funny sociable dude. We are the same age so maybe that helped but still, I felt like he was good people. 

Not sure I’d want to meet Richard. But I’m sure curiosity would get the better of me and I’d regret it if I didn’t say hello. If I was in a good frame of cheerful mind, and on the ball it would be fine. I’d definitely try to humour him more than tell him how much I worship his music or anything music related. I’m sure he’s aware of how good he is. 

Edited by beerwolf

1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I had a brief interaction with Richard after a show once (long long ago) and he was quiet but definitely seemed nice. 
That sucks to hear that about TJ. I hung out with his little bro Andy at a gig for a good long while and he was rad as hell. Super funny sociable dude. We are the same age so maybe that helped but still, I felt like he was good people. 

Maybe he was just having a bad night, but I met probably every major artist from the WARP/Rephlex/SKAM axis back in the day and he was the only person who ever asked for the backstage to be cleared before a gig. Then he went onto play an hour or so of noise at the start of his set.

In terms of soundness, Bola, Pole, Mira, Vibert and Keith Tenniswood were all super nice as well, and Ed DMX, he was over a fair few times.

• Like 1

I saw RDJ sitting on a chair together with a girl like 10 years ago. I got so nervous and shy just to look at him. 
He had little bit of that scary grin also. But he seemed relaxed. 

I took a photo with Andy Jenkinson but he was annoyed at me as he was in a hurry for a gig. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YELLOW said:

After hearing Sean's speel about how coke makes you less sensitive to negative criticism, this makes a lot of sense

• Haha 5

On 8/5/2022 at 8:28 AM, YELLOW said:

Met Sean and Rob back in 2015, very nice. Chatted outside after their gig and let me take a picture with them.

coke huh?

In general is best to step aside from people who are more introverted than others, like geniuses in some areas who likely have autism. 

Try to small talk or chat with them becoming like ?SYNTAX ERROR in their brain system.. Nobody knows what's happening after that. 

I never met S & R myself , but I went to an Ae show in france with friends, one of them worked at a local radio (very very small local radio),

he asked Sean and Rob for an interview before the show, they said "yes okay !"

I did'nt go backstage with him but according to my friend they where very nice dudes. they rolled a spliff and shared it with him during the interview.

This was the untilted tour, 25 april 2005, city : Reims, venue : "la cartonnerie". very good sound system and acoustics.

Great AE liveset. Rob Hall and SND were playing also. 

• Like 5

When our two played in krakow, the festival (sacrum profanum = endless cummm), after the various concerts that took place in different places, left a bar / club open at the base of the Forum Hotel as a reference point. The day before their live, r&s were at the bar, and it was a deliberate fact to meet people i suppose. I, who am affected by a form of discretion that borders on the pathological, I limited myself to "as pathetic as it sounds I would like to have a photo with you two" (obviously they agreed), but it was evident that if I had been an extroverted type (or just a normal type) , it would have been perfectly natural for them to exchange a few words.

Edited by Draft78

Spoke to all of them very briefly and were all really cool. Rich asked me where the toilet was at the Medbar and was very polite (excuse me, thank you etc) and I was proper in the way of Rob on some stairs at the same venue, to the point where pushing me down them was probably acceptable…. He was chill though and calmly kept asking me to move until my deaf ass heard him - thanks Rob ?

Every Ae gig I’ve been too Sean has been about chatting to people.