IGNORED

RIP Sinicalypse (1981 - 2022)

roasty

sorry to hear. definitely a watmm OG. had only a few interactions with him back in the day. he was certainly a unique voice on here. his lengthy posts showcased his intelligence, but also that he was a pretty messed up dude. RIP.

and any other OG watmmers may remember there was a Sini hoax death thread that riled up a few folks probably close to 20 yrs ago on here. someone posted he OD'd or something, arguments ensued, then it was all sike no he didn't.

55 minutes ago, PigeonSt said:

Where do you see this info?

Theo posted a FB screenshot on beak

Well, assuming this is true (would still like to see an obit honestly given the previous hoax).

Rest in peace, dude. He was probably the person I talked to the most on watmm, maybe just because he was the most persistent? But he seemed like a sweet guy at heart, with a terrible addiction problem (heroin). He was genuinely interested in my life and welfare and we would chat on AIM and stuff. I invited him to my personal friends fantasy baseball league and he played in there for a few years. I met up with him in Chicago (where he lived) to go to a White Sox game when I happened to be in town and he was way more reserved in person, and pretty awkward. But again, seemed genuinely nice. He was the one who gave me the leak of the caustic window tape back in 2002(?) as the ultimate sign of "trust" back before it got a wider leak. He did try to track me down years after I left the board, on FB, which I was a little weirded out by and I did not reply. I dunno if I regret that but the whole thing is pretty sad. Leafing through some of his YT channel it seems kind of the same as back in 2000-2008 era when I knew him. I was thinking about him recently and hoping he was okay but always thought it probably wasn't going to end well. I hope he went peacefully. Rest in peace.

edit: turns out he did some heinous stalkery shit in the last several years, that sucks

Edited by PigeonSt
  • Like 4

rip sinicalypse, Dr Clitterhaus, Boxing Day, YO303, Deer, Cheseney and all your other muckers. your unrelenting disdain for the autistic/neurodiverse people in this community was felt stoically and silently by all.

Spoiler

maybe now might be a good time to reach out to the various people who chose to leave this forum due to the toxicity? that stuff has peaked and died down by now. opportunities etc.

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

rip sinicalypse, Dr Clitterhaus, Boxing Day, YO303, Deer, Cheseney and all your other muckers. your unrelenting disdain for the autistic/neurodiverse people in this community was felt stoically and silently by all.

Hide contents

maybe now might be a good time to reach out to the various people who chose to leave this forum due to the toxicity? that stuff has peaked and died down by now. opportunities etc.

Chesney is alive and well and a warm and gentle middle aged man with a room full of gear, two small children, and happens to be Memory Gland's in-house mastering tech.

Also wtf are you talking about?

Edited by hello spiral
  • Like 2

I member his defiant character back in the day and liking his posts but nothing specific, except for his addiction and homelessness? Anyway, weird to know he was my age... it's that age when you stop talking about your future and start talking about your past... it's fucking sad...

R.I.P. my dude!

just ignore this post if this is all and hoax...

4 hours ago, zero said:

theo posted a FB screenshot on beak

yeah but he also said he had aids back in the day so...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

yeah but he also said he had aids back in the day so...

we all said so much stupid shit back then. so much immature asshole fighting back around the time when this forum kicked off.

I still can't believe I've been coming to this fucking website for like 20 years man

• Like 3
  • Burger 2

Just now, zero said:

we all said so much stupid shit back then. so much immature asshole fighting back around the time when this forum kicked off.

ain't that the truth, but I mean I was always cool

• Like 2

I think he was banned not too long after I joined.  I do remember his long-ass posts, and he was nice to me in the few PM interactions we had.

Didn't really get to know his persona too well as I was new and trying to learn about everyone on the board.

That's sucks about his recent behavior... Seems like some people like that just become so frustrated later in life at their inability to form normal relationships that they resort to stuff like this as a substitute.  Hopefully he didn't seriously hurt anyone with his creepery.

Damn, RIP one of the OG's. 

On 8/14/2022 at 2:50 PM, randomsummer said:

I do remember his long-ass posts

I'm pretty sure he wrote perl scripts that automated the long-ass posts at some point.

I remember a video of him in a car with all the windows open crawling past a nightclub queue absolutely blasting  autechre at them.

Just had a peak at his yt channel, I could genuinely spend all day rubber necking at the obvious insanity of it all....better not for my own sake

Rip

R.i.p. sini

Id find some quotes but all his best stuff was pre-crash

I remember a thread where we were discussing the (then unreleased) Venus No.17 Acid mix and he was 100% convinced it was by Aphex,  right down to analysing all the snare rushes n shit. He had me convinced as well. 

:catcry: