IGNORED

Deepchord - Functional Designs (Soma)

dcom

Not everyone in dub techno interests me but Rod Modell's works tend to be worth my time in my experience and opinion

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First listen today (yes I'm behind the times - I'm old as fuck lol) and Panacast, Pressure, Memories, and Drassanes are the standouts for me - although Amber is a lovely opener.

WATMM halp a'member a'member, was it Modell or Hitchell that sold a bunch of pre-orders on bandcamp and failed to deliver the goods? I don't recall how that panned out other than the A+ meme @prdctvsm honored it with :sorcerer:

And TBH, at some point a while back all of the Deepchord started to become a lil samey.  Not bad, just the same (albeit lush) playbook. Curious whether this one has any new angles to offer.

1 hour ago, BobDobalina said:

WATMM halp a'member a'member, was it Modell or Hitchell that sold a bunch of pre-orders on bandcamp and failed to deliver the goods? I don't recall how that panned out other than the A+ meme @prdctvsm honored it with :sorcerer:

And TBH, at some point a while back all of the Deepchord started to become a lil samey.  Not bad, just the same (albeit lush) playbook. Curious whether this one has any new angles to offer.

Yes not only on Bandcamp.. , The label was very successful and started to scam the customers from nowhere. 
I will never buy any shit from Rod Modell, DeepChord, Hitchell Mitchell whatever they call themself until they explain their self. 
The whole echspace (detroit) label started to totally rip people off. 

This is the latest comment at Discogs: (Looks pretty nasty) 

Dotflac

September 17, 2022

Damn I wish I had come here before to read the comments. I also ordered several times over six months for a total of 250$, stayed really patient after each new order and no update. I tried to reach them through Bandcamp and Facebook, I can see the messages are read but then forgotten or ignored.

Quite infuriating since the money was spent and the music is exceptional, but I don't hope to see the items anymore now.

Has anyone here gotten updates since then, may it be from the label or from Paypal concerning a refund ? I would be happy to know what to do exactly, because I can't see myself endlessly shooting fire in hope for an answer.

Thanks for your answers guys.

Source Discogs

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cern said:

Yes not only on Bandcamp.. , The label was very successful and started to scam the customers from nowhere. 
I will never buy any shit from Rod Modell, DeepChord, Hitchell Mitchell whatever they call themself until they explain their self. 
The whole echspace (detroit) label started to totally rip people off. 

This is the latest comment at Discogs: (Looks pretty nasty) 

Source Discogs

That’s messed up. 

They should do some Soulseeking to right themselves. 

• Like 1

Yeah that what has me confused, I'd'a though this kinda fuckery would be a major turnoff around here but apparently not so much.  I'm with @cern on this one, Echospace are f'n sketchy.  Way before the outright scamming I caught them gaming their release ratings on Discogs, everything they put out was getting like a 4.91 / 5 or something which made no sense.  Turns out they had a bunch of lackeys who'd rate all 5 "versions" of a particular release (the vinyl, the promo, the wav, the mp3...) as 5/5.

• Like 1