IGNORED

Björk - Fossora

Rubin Farr

It would be cool if she writes some hooks again. Recently it feels like she does one vocal take over a cool composition, despite having a good voice.

I am imaging the podcast consisting of 30 second episodes like:  "This album reminds me of a butterfly in a snowstorm".

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, dr lopez said:

it's cool how everyone involved in vespertine never made anything remotely close to its quality ever again. and im including the inuit womens choir 

What do you mean? But yeah, Vespertine is a masterpiece an I've never heard anything as magical and beautiful, track by track.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

She just posted the video 

Ok! Weird enough 

is that biyerkh in the video? Didn’t recognize her

and what’s with the dj? That was stupid!

2 minutes ago, xox said:

Ok! Weird enough 

is that biyerkh in the video? Didn’t recognize her

and what’s with the dj? That was stupid!

Yeah what is the fake DJ doing, filter sweeps on a fucking kick drum?

Fartogenic

52 minutes ago, xox said:

Do connect!

8C2E6E84-2BE8-4F74-A78E-AF0267F486D6.gif

Based on the lyrics (and her previous album) it seems that she’s trying to advocate the object relations theory quite a lot 

I was 19 when Debut came out, it was a breakthrough hit of an album and (at the time) sortof revolutionary in that it was largely electronic music but done by a 'serious' artist with serious skills. Protection by Massive Attack and Dummy by Portishead were also huge albums around that time that had that same vibe - "really fucking good music that also happens to be largely electronic". Come To Me, Venus As A Boy, The Anchor Song really loved all that. Then Post had a few nice ones (really liked Isobel) and then Homogenic was a brilliant album that really caught the thing that Isobel seemed to be reaching for on the previous one. And then Vespertine was amazing. And then it sortof fell off and I stopped paying so much attention although I did really like Oceania and Mouths Cradle from Medulla.

edit: Although I appreciate she's just doing her thing and thats really quite admirable, its just that it didnt click with me anymore.

Anyway where was I. If you've never heard the Plaid remix of All Is Full Of Love its really good - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tD2UhRXOcQ

Edited by zazen
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, dr lopez said:

it's cool how everyone involved in vespertine never made anything remotely close to its quality ever again. and im including the inuit womens choir 

vespertine really is that special. Some things just happen, and they are perfect, then all else is like a reverberation of it.