IGNORED

Björk - Fossora

Rubin Farr

14 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

She just posted the video 

I just watched the old Disney Alice in Wonderland cartoon and while watching this was expecting to see the caterpillar smoking his hookah

• Like 1

20 hours ago, logakght said:

What do you mean? But yeah, Vespertine is a masterpiece an I've never heard anything as magical and beautiful, track by track.

thats exactly what i mean. it's the best pop album of the 21st century. regard anyone who doesn't love it with extreme suspicion. 

• Like 1

Homogenic and Vespertine are both damn near perfect.  Biophilia is underrated.  Last couple albums the vocal melodies have seemed very improv... can only ever make out vague melodic themes, but inconsistent enough that I'm never sure what the core melody really is.  It is sort of frustrating.  I always enjoy the production though.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, zazen said:

I was 19 when Debut came out, it was a breakthrough hit of an album and (at the time) sortof revolutionary in that it was largely electronic music but done by a 'serious' artist with serious skills. Protection by Massive Attack and Dummy by Portishead were also huge albums around that time that had that same vibe - "really fucking good music that also happens to be largely electronic". Come To Me, Venus As A Boy, The Anchor Song really loved all that. Then Post had a few nice ones (really liked Isobel) and then Homogenic was a brilliant album that really caught the thing that Isobel seemed to be reaching for on the previous one. And then Vespertine was amazing. And then it sortof fell off and I stopped paying so much attention although I did really like Oceania and Mouths Cradle from Medulla.

edit: Although I appreciate she's just doing her thing and thats really quite admirable, its just that it didnt click with me anymore.

Anyway where was I. If you've never heard the Plaid remix of All Is Full Of Love its really good - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tD2UhRXOcQ

waiting for the day we get one more collab with Bjork and Plaid tbh. Lilith is a classic and so is that remix

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

waiting for the day we get one more collab with Bjork and Plaid tbh. Lilith is a classic and so is that remix

After all these years, if they’re still friends she should do a track with Richard.

6 hours ago, dr lopez said:

post is better than homogenic. fight me

Having spent a lot of time with both albums I understand where you're coming from. Homogenic is really ambitious and Joga (while great) is not quite as epic as it wants to be, Bachelorette (while great) is not quite as devastating as it wants to be. Whereas Post is more content with being itself. Part of me wonders if the influence of Tricky on Post made it more chilled, whereas Homogenic seems like it was put together by producers who wanted to blow everything out of the water.

Ultimately I find 'Army of Me' unlistenable and so prefer Homogenic because it passes the suprisingly rare 'listen to it all the way through' test, and the quieter songs from Homogenic like Unravel make up for the slightly too ambitious ones.

I'll never understand why the video mix of All Is Full Of Love didn't make it onto Homogenic.

Edited by zazen

I had not listened to Vespertine in about a decade  until recently... SO good, aside from a few cringey lyrics here and there.

The new track, not so much, but appreciate her trying to get a little weird, sonically.
Strong Mighty Boosh vibes in that video, for sure.

• Like 1

Clearly some algorithm somewhere worked on me cos I started playing Homogenic and Vespertine a lot in the last coupla weeks and then suddenly this came up...

That video is rad. The song... Sounds like 3 completely unrelated tracks playing on top of each other. I think it would require multiple listens for it to click.

And I have like... 3 or 4 albums to catch up to before this comes out as well...

Have been listening to her stuff on Bandcamp as I worked today, and have kinda connected to the newer stuff with a new resonance.  Specifically, I really enjoyed re-listening to Vulnicura Strings and Vulnicura Live, and liked Utopia a lot better than I did when I first bought it.  Just started going through the new album and the first song is hitting pretty hard.