IGNORED

trent hawkins - generations, 20200612 [LP, generative ambient]

thawkins

I am happy to finally announce the release of a long in the works album. Special thanks to @purlieu for suggesting some labels to reach out to get this released.

What if you gave a computer a few instruments, set up some basic arrangement rules and programmed it to start playing, forever cycling through different phrases and moods? This album - "generations, 20200612” - attempts to give at least one of the myriad possible answers in the form of this sonic experiment, where guitar, bass, organ, and electric piano seamlessly pass from one phrase to the next. Always repeating the same notes, always a little bit different in some slight way, much like every step of a long relaxing walk takes you through a slowly changing scenery.
Fans of Terry Riley, Manuel Göttsching (especially the classic E2-E4), and Carl Craig & Moritz von Oswald’s Recomposed will definitely find something familiar and something new in this piece.

Preorders on Slow Tone Collages here: https://slowtonecollages.bandcamp.com/album/generations-20200612

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2022 at 8:06 PM, thawkins said:

Apparently the CDs have sold out, which is great news. I have a few download codes so if you want one, please PM me.

When I went over to have a listen I noticed that and thought it was cool they had all sold. They looked good so deserved to sell ??

When you become super famous in the future you will make all those early fans really rich as they have a rare release..

Do it man!!!

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2022 at 5:46 PM, Grain Bastard said:

When I went over to have a listen I noticed that and thought it was cool they had all sold. They looked good so deserved to sell ??

When you become super famous in the future you will make all those early fans really rich as they have a rare release..

Do it man!!!

I'll have to be careful now to get famous due to the music, not some other stupid crap, though.

On 9/27/2022 at 5:51 PM, logakght said:

Sounding beautiful!

Thanks, glad you like it!