IGNORED

Vibert wish list

Velazquez

Luke has so many tracks that have been played out and never seen a proper release.  What are some of your favs that you'd like to see on a proper release?
I'll start:

There's Not Enough Space in This Track - played on Kiss FM Tally Ho! promo this was inexplicably left off the final cut.  One of my fav tracks of Vibert, i'd give my left nut to get a proper mix of this. The only version that exists is from the real media audio recording.  

Mellotronic- also from 1998 played on Luke's first Peel session, a halfway decent mp3 of this stellar track exists

On 9/4/2022 at 3:47 PM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

A proper release of those 'studio sessions' tracks would be sublime.  Probably really unlikely with the samples in them.

The Pac-Track, as I call it, is really one of my favorites. That alone would cover the price of admission for me. The whole thing would be gravy. That said, at this moment, I'd settle for my vinyl pre-order of GRIT. being shipped, because if they delay it one more time I'm seriously considering canceling my order.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2022 at 2:47 PM, BaggerMcGuirk said:

A proper release of those 'studio sessions' tracks would be sublime.  Probably really unlikely with the samples in them.

Absolutely - I adore the Studio Sessions tracks. I love when he goes full spaced out hazy stoner mode. It'll always bug me that he says those are the tracks that the labels never want to release, because to me that's what he is unparalleled at. 

Also if we're just making dream wish lists, a Vibert "62 Mixes for Cash" would be insane. An impossible licensing nightmare, but damn, imagine having a 8xLP monster box set of all his remixes, across all aliases, alongside bonus and unreleased content. How sick would that be?

• Like 4

20 hours ago, NI64 said:

Absolutely - I adore the Studio Sessions tracks. I love when he goes full spaced out hazy stoner mode. It'll always bug me that he says those are the tracks that the labels never want to release, because to me that's what he is unparalleled at. 

Also if we're just making dream wish lists, a Vibert "62 Mixes for Cash" would be insane. An impossible licensing nightmare, but damn, imagine having a 8xLP monster box set of all his remixes, across all aliases, alongside bonus and unreleased content. How sick would that be?

Yes please!

On 10/3/2022 at 5:24 PM, NI64 said:

I completely agree. The studio sessions are so f'n good, some of my fav stuff he's done.  He plays some of the studio tracks in this set among some other unreleased goodies:

https://archive.org/details/LukeVibert1998XXXXUKNewcastle

Edited by Velazquez
link added