IGNORED

Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022)

zazen

How many of the tweets where the most innocous things are shutdown due to "mourning" are jokes? Or is there some kind of mass psychosis going on in the UK. Like 30 hour queue (yes, Brits love to queue) to see a box with corpse in it (I bet it's empty anyways). What is wrong with these people? And lol at Charles sacking his staff as soon as possible. Fuck you, peasants.

Edited by azatoth
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, azatoth said:

How many of the tweets where the most innocous things are shutdown due to "mourning" are jokes? Or is there some kind of mass psychosis going on in the UK. Like 30 hour queue (yes, Brits love to queue) to see a box with corpse in it (I bet it's empty anyways). What is wrong with these people? And lol at Charles sacking his staff as soon as possible. Fuck you, peasants.

what's the law that passed a while back about offending people for anything at all being a crime. 

might be in this thread somewhere.. i couldn't find it.. they arrested a guy w/a blank sign.. because he said he was going to right something about "not my king" on it and the cop said someone might be offended so they removed him. 

Edited by ignatius

22 hours ago, Dragon said:

please answer this:

1) do you live in the UK?

2) did you do any significant research on this before the queen's death and the resulting media coverage?

3) what is your reference material? where did you learn the information you're giving in this post?

c92.gif

• Haha 1
  • Burger 2

18 hours ago, Squee said:

This is really telling.

I remember in the early 90s when the Queen was about 70 there was a lot of talk about 'perhaps the queen should abdicate and let Charles take over'. The queen was having none of it and the vague rumour at the time was that she thought Charles wasn't up to it. Then loads of scandals hit Charles and the idea of the queen stepping down went away.

160420_queen_graphic_0.thumb.webp.c7e9db799a3437f929e2c6308f02ea2d.webp

(graph from https://www.theweek.co.uk/55612/will-prince-charles-ever-be-king )

Edited by zazen

20 hours ago, ignatius said:

what's the law that passed a while back about offending people for anything at all being a crime. 

might be in this thread somewhere.. i couldn't find it.. they arrested a guy w/a blank sign.. because he said he was going to right something about "not my king" on it and the cop said someone might be offended so they removed him. 

The Online Safety Bill and the PCSC Act both came into effect this year. Guessing you're referencing the former, but that's just on electronic comms, and makes the UK THE SAFEST PLACE TO BE ONLINE in the world. The latter does restrict freedoms of assembly and protest. 

The UK is pretty bum on this topic. 

The two people in the links look pretty annoying, so my usual dismay on this topic is somewhat reduced.  

Edited by Shimon_Shimon
  • Farnsworth 1

On 9/13/2022 at 8:05 PM, cwmbrancity said:

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

+

22 hours ago, Squee said:

Now let me just sign these other 5 documents"

"3, sir"

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, ignatius said:

that's what they do in Ruskieland when speaking ill of Vlad or any of the mafiosos running the show.

also Thailand has had that shit on lock for more than a century now:

Lèse-majesté in Thailand is a crime according to Section 112 of the Thai Criminal Code. It is illegal to defame, insult, or threaten the monarch of Thailand (king, queen, heir-apparent, heir-presumptive, or regent). Modern Thai lèse-majesté law has been on the statute books since 1908.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Upset man said:

Damn you’d think the United States is England with the coverage her funeral is getting on the television. It’s weird. 

You'll Be Back!

Watching it live now as they walk through Windsor Great Park. Very atmospheric. With the church bell tolling in the distance and the cannons firing. It’s quite spectacular but 15 minutes is enough. 

Edited by beerwolf

12 hours ago, Upset man said:

What is this?!

As far as I can tell they were chatting to a 'Grief Counsellor' in the studio and then they cut to this video feed while she was talking and you can hear the grief counsellor continue to talk over the first bit of the live feed.

Or, some people are saying its the ghost of lady diana.

I was in LA recently for Primavera. Outside in the melee of folks, a young lad had an Irish flag draped around his naked torso. A black fella came up to him and said "hey, you Irish?" and the lad said he was and they bantered a bit. Black gent walks off but snaps back to tap his shoulder: "oh hey, I forgot, FUCK THE QUEEN!" and the Irish lad's eyes lit up with glee. He went into a drunken tirade that wasn't very legible to my old ears but I did hear "slag" and "fuck" quite a bit.  

21 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

I've been in croatia since the day before the old bat died (obviously no-one here cares). Is it safe to come back or are the grief police still on patrol?

it's calmed down now in all fairness, but the uk is a gaping shitehole so you may as well stay out there mate.

• Like 1