Jump to content

Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022)


zazen
 Share

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, rek said:

I'm not judging, but I am curious to know why there's some resentment against her or royals in general. If people don't like the British Empire, you'd think they'd be happy about her, since she more or less presided over it's decline. If people do like the British Empire, they might be glad some other figurehead could now have a chance to bring it back. edit: obviously i know nothing about it, which is why i ask.

there's no bringing back the british empire. at its peak it controlled half the world or something crazy.. killed and enslaved millions.. even in its own back yard there.. ireland.. they gave charters to corporations to let them run wild w/colonialism. shit was crazy. 

the monarchy is weird to me. sure, it's a tourist attraction but if the monarchy disappeared it'd still be possible to go visit the crown jewels and whatever castles etc etc.. tower of london yada yada.. the monarchy is a business. i have no idea if it's a net gain financially for UK though. whatever.. it's a british thing.. but she's on canada's money too right? wtf canada? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

The British Monarchical Regime oppresses millions of people both domestically and abroad

Rest in piss you won't be missed

pack-watch.gif

  • Burger 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ignatius said:

there's no bringing back the british empire. at its peak it controlled half the world or something crazy.. killed and enslaved millions.. even in its own back yard there.. ireland.. they gave charters to corporations to let them run wild w/colonialism. shit was crazy. 

the monarchy is weird to me. sure, it's a tourist attraction but if the monarchy disappeared it'd still be possible to go visit the crown jewels and whatever castles etc etc.. tower of london yada yada.. the monarchy is a business. i have no idea if it's a net gain financially for UK though. whatever.. it's a british thing.. but she's on canada's money too right? wtf canada? 

tourism shit has always been so bs.  the tourism is for the guards who can sitll be there and the buildings and riches, beautiful pieces of art constructed by the noble working classes.  nobody gets to see the actual queen or cares about that shit for tourism.  and even if they completely abolished all power of the monarchy they theoretically could prop them up in front of the building and put on their little costumes to bring in tourists still

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Don't give a shit about the monarchy but thought she was alright compared to most people of vast wealth and power. Seemed a decent human being.

my take as well. never paid too much attention to the royals, but the speeches I heard from her seemed genuine. it's just refreshing to hear a public figure at that level not getting drug down into all the toxic mud slinging and finger pointing the rest of the political shit show loves to partake in. any messaging of positivity is far preferable to the rest of the shouting out there.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rek said:

I'm not judging, but I am curious to know why there's some resentment against her or royals in general. If people don't like the British Empire, you'd think they'd be happy about her, since she more or less presided over it's decline. If people do like the British Empire, they might be glad some other figurehead could now have a chance to bring it back. edit: obviously i know nothing about it, which is why i ask.

There is people that even accusing Queen Elizabeth II for involvement in Dianas death 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, cern said:

There is people that even accusing Queen Elizabeth II for involvement in Dianas death 

You ever seen that sly bitch running? she will catch you if you don't pay attention.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cern said:

There is people that even accusing Queen Elizabeth II for involvement in Dianas death 

There's also people who believe they faked Diana's death and she became Elton John's husband.

  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 2
  • Farnsworth 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, rek said:

There's also people who believe they faked Diana's death and she became Elton John's husband.

side note.. in the midst of Elton John's cocaine hayday.. he would get thousands of dollars worth of cocaine delivered to his flat then he'd do a bunch of coke and according to him.. the first thing he'd do is have a good long shit since the coke he got was often cut w/baby laxative. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Burger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cern said:

Was she a queen of England or queen of UK?

Can't believe that's 2 different countries.. Makes me dizzy 

she was known as the Queen which almost suggests she was Queen of the entire realm

  • Farnsworth 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, cern said:

Was she a queen of England or queen of UK?

Can't believe that's 2 different countries.. Makes me dizzy 

counting to 3 makes you dizzy.

7 hours ago, azatoth said:

The Queens passing is the cherry on top of the crumbling cake that is the UK. No more colonies, cut of from the European collective, now it's  just a sad gray damp island in the Atlantic that is going down the shitter with the Tories at the helm with a fresh idiot as the leader. Just left is Scottish independence and a united Ireland and the collapse is complete.

this is how empires end. they have their time in the sun gallivanting about and putting their boots on the necks of others, until they inevitably age and wither and die. it'll happen to all of them, by natural law. cold comfort for the victims of history.

I will give Lizzy a little credit for trying to steer the closing legacy of the crown in a more positive direction through good public works, but no deed erases another.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

do they have to issue new currency with King Chuck's ugly beak on it?

does that mean canada will too? 

also, sheesh.. twitter going hard on the queen in some places.  long ass thread. oof

 

  • Farnsworth 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, ignatius said:

does that mean canada will too? 

also, sheesh.. twitter going hard on the queen in some places.  long ass thread. oof

 

I remember some of these from reading past news headlines, but itd be better if they gave sources.  fuck that lady

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, ignatius said:

does that mean canada will too? 

also, sheesh.. twitter going hard on the queen in some places.  long ass thread. oof

 

the Australian fiver needs an update too

aus dollar.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

i wish the news headlines would be honest and read more like "Unelected supreme dictator of UK dead after 70 year grip on power"

well, let's be accurate then.. "Unelected Inbred Supreme Dictator.... "

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

i wish the news headlines would be honest and read more like "Unelected supreme dictator of UK dead after 70 year grip on power"

Did she have any power at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.