IGNORED

Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022)

zazen

22 minutes ago, Squee said:
4 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

i wish the news headlines would be honest and read more like "Unelected supreme dictator of UK dead after 70 year grip on power"

Did she have any power at all?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/series/queens-consent

28 minutes ago, Squee said:

Did she have any power at all?

The Crown is quite good at showing how it worked - in theory she's not supposed to get involved in political decisions but in practice the Prime Minister has regular meetings with her and she might have some sway in how things go. Like the PM has to justify what they are doing to some extent? Hmmm someone else might have a better explanation than me on that. And althought she was 'not political' she intrinsically represented the "Establishment", and the aristocracy and so on. So she would naturally nudge things in directions that were better for The Monarchy if she could.

12 hours ago, Brisbot said:

It must be weird for you people who have had the same queen your whole lives, and I am guessing most of the lives of your parents.

Yes, shes been there since 1952 with her handbag and her brightly coloured clothes and hats, waving at people from the back of the car. Pretty much the whole post-WW2 modern period of history. So UK identity is tied up with this matriachal figure who drinks tea and likes corgis. Going to be quite different having a King who wears a suit and so on.

FWIW Charles has always been quite an environmentalist so hopefully he will use some of his influence in that direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

she like all heads of state are figurehead stand-ins for the bourgeoisie.  she would never dare go too strongly against their wishes in any way

did you research, or have any interest in the UK Head of State before yesterday's news coverage? looks more like you just spout out this type of armchair improv politics about everything you see.

i just caught myself about to type, "the Queen has passed away show some respect etc" but then remembered that you supported thousands of innocent Ukrainians being slaughtered.

Disregarding all the progressive anti-royalist stuff, she was an effective diplomat and has likely prevented many wars and conflicts... regardless of how you might feel about colonialism and the Commonwealth.

• Burger 1

So I guess now is a good time for Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland to say goodbye to the United Kingdom? 

8 hours ago, rek said:

she was known as the Queen which almost suggests she was Queen of the entire realm

Many talking about queen Elizabeth was involved in satanic rituals. 

Also child trafficking and child molesting. 

I thought is was only now king Charles visiting Epsteins pedophile island 

2 hours ago, cern said:

Many talking about queen Elizabeth was involved in satanic rituals. 

Also child trafficking and child molesting. 

I thought is was only now king Charles visiting Epsteins pedophile island 

Prince Andrew too - she paid for his legal fees I believe

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cern said:

Source? Who is Yasmin? That looks like like them bots Elon Musk is talking about

I can't vouch for the facts on this one but I believe there was at least one episode of the Crown or maybe some other movie that covered this info. Therefore I believe it to be true without question

• Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, cern said:

Here they are! Sweet kids! 

Oh they not looking creepy at all ?

1200x800-538583253937.jpeg

the kennedy family did something similar to a daughter who was likely autistic or something. smart and outspoken but sorta special needs. she was lobotomized and put in an institution. 

edit: here's the wikipedia page about her.. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosemary_Kennedy

it's a sad frustrating story.. and different journalists and people who knew her before/after the procedure characterized her in various ways but many thought she was simply a bit manic or depressed or something.  back then there wasn't the tools or language to diagnose a person with any accuracy and treatments were often horrible or non-existent. not to excuse what was done to her at all. lobotomy as a shitshow and the main doctor pushing it as his claim to fame was a hack and fraud and negligent in his practices. it was his go to cure all for all kinds of conditions and situations which is just insane. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4